BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/115406-ok-does-anyone-rec-boats-actually-boat.html)

Display Name Here May 11th 10 04:13 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names, has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know
someone who once saw a boat?

Tim May 11th 10 05:28 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On May 11, 10:13*am, "Display Name Here"
wrote:
It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names, has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know
someone who once saw a boat?

I ahve three of them an 18, a 23 and a 30 ft. pontoon, and due to the
crappy cold weather it's prohibited me from going out, This week it's
going to be in the low 80's though the day but rain most of the week.
If it's not pouring down rain this friday or Saturday, I'm going for
the first launch of the season around here.

nom=de=plume[_2_] May 11th 10 06:04 PM

"Display Name Here" wrote in message
It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names, has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know
someone who once saw a boat?

A boat? What's a boat?????

jamesgangnc[_2_] May 11th 10 06:08 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On May 11, 11:13*am, "Display Name Here"
wrote:
It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names, has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know
someone who once saw a boat?

I boat. And I try to limit my posts to boating. But you're right, if
you removed all the crap posts the group would drop to "low" activity
by googles ratings. What I have always wondered is if lurkers and
those who don't bother to post boating stuff would chime up if you got
rid of the idiots that post off topic all the time.

*e#c May 11th 10 06:16 PM

wrote:
It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names, has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know
someone who once saw a boat?

Lets see your Boat, Mr Sock Puppet.

mmc May 11th 10 07:17 PM

wrote:
It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names, has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know
someone who once saw a boat?

I ahve three of them an 18, a 23 and a 30 ft. pontoon, and due to the
crappy cold weather it's prohibited me from going out, This week it's
going to be in the low 80's though the day but rain most of the week.
If it's not pouring down rain this friday or Saturday, I'm going for
the first launch of the season around here.
-----
I've seen pics of Tims pontoon/aircraft carrier!

Otto Bahn[_2_] May 11th 10 07:47 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

"Display Name Here" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

--oTTo--

[email protected] May 11th 10 08:33 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:47:14 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
wrote:

"Display Name Here" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

I'm seeing boats right now: threre sailboats--two under sail and one
moored--and a waterman's workboat.

Do I win a prize?

BW

Otto Bahn[_2_] May 11th 10 08:50 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once
saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

I'm seeing boats right now: threre sailboats--two under sail and one
moored--and a waterman's workboat.

Do I win a prize?

Seeing is not boating! Well, not unless you're on a boat.

--oTTo--

Display Name Here May 11th 10 08:50 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

Obviously you are the rare exception for most people in rec.boats. Your
prize is a quality life, living life to the fullest. Those who spend all
of their time in rec.boats instead of boating (hk, etec, Yukonbound, etc)
are examples of what happens when you spend all of your time in this
cesspool.

Can you imagine if you spent as much time in rec.boats as hk how ****ty your
life would be.

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:47:14 -0400, "Otto Bahn"

"Display Name Here" wrote

Display Name Here May 11th 10 08:52 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

At least she is close enough to see the water.
Obviously she is the rare exception for most people in rec.boats. Her
prize is a quality life, living life to the fullest. Those who spend all
of their time in rec.boats instead of boating (hk, etec, Yukonbound, etc)
are examples of what happens when you spend all of your time in this
cesspool.

Can you imagine if you spent as much time in rec.boats as hk how ****ty your
life would be.

wrote

Adam Funk May 11th 10 08:52 PM

On 2010-05-11, Otto Bahn wrote:

"Display Name Here" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

Boats do too!

--
Unix is a user-friendly operating system. It's just very choosy about
its friends.

Otto Bahn[_2_] May 11th 10 08:53 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

"Display Name Here" wrote

Obviously you are the rare exception for most people in rec.boats. Your
prize is a quality life, living life to the fullest. Those who spend all
of their time in rec.boats instead of boating (hk, etec, Yukonbound, etc)
are examples of what happens when you spend all of your time in this
cesspool.

Can you imagine if you spent as much time in rec.boats as hk how ****ty
your life would be.

Maybe they are posting from boats.

--oTTo--

Display Name Here May 11th 10 08:57 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

nah, no one who spends that much time on a boat, could be so full of vile
and venom.

"Display Name Here" wrote

*e#c May 11th 10 08:57 PM

wrote in message

On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:47:14 -0400, "Otto Bahn"

"Display Name Here" wrote

As ****ty as your life....constantly changing Monikers?

*e#c May 11th 10 08:59 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

Add to that, the fact our sock puppet here is a cross-posting
douchebag?

Otto Bahn[_2_] May 11th 10 09:01 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

"*e#c" wrote

wrote in message

On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:47:14 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
wrote:

"Display Name Here" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time
calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once
saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

I'm seeing boats right now: threre sailboats--two under sail and one
moored--and a waterman's workboat.

Do I win a prize?

As ****ty as your life....constantly changing Monikers?

What do Monikers do? I've been on a few boats and
I don' tever remember hearing that term.

--oTTo--

Otto Bahn[_2_] May 11th 10 09:08 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

Adam Funk" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

Boats do too!

I know someone who named his boat the Captain Elvis.

--oTTo--

Mark[_5_] May 11th 10 10:30 PM

On May 11, 2:47*pm, "Otto Bahn" wrote:

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?

A tri delt is a delectable sorority girl, and a
boat is a car that runs on water.

GO DELTA, DELTA, DELTA!

http://www.stanford.edu/group/tridelta/

---
Mark

shelly May 11th 10 10:52 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

wrote in
:

I'm seeing boats right now: threre sailboats--two under sail
and one moored--and a waterman's workboat.

I know someone who knows someone who owns a boat. Does that count?

Do I win a prize?

No.

--
Shelly
http://cat-sidh.net/blog

Bryce Utting May 11th 10 11:11 PM

Display Name Here wrote:
Can you imagine if you spent as much time in rec.boats as hk how ****ty
your life would be.

Maybe they are posting from boats.

nah, no one who spends that much time on a boat, could be so full of vile
and venom.

oh yeah? what about Captain Hook? HUH?

butting

--
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~butting
All recipes for Australian wildlife, deer included, begin with

Bryce Utting May 11th 10 11:14 PM

Otto Bahn wrote:
Can you imagine if you spent as much time in rec.boats as hk how ****ty
your
life would be.

As ****ty as your life....constantly changing Monikers?

What do Monikers do? I've been on a few boats and
I don' tever remember hearing that term.

they blow the top yard-arm, IIRC.

butting

--
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~butting
CHOCOLATE chocolate... Dark. Bitter. Film noir dark and

Nicko May 11th 10 11:59 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On May 11, 1:47*pm, "Otto Bahn" wrote:
"Display Name Here" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

Isn't ARK a boat?

--
YOP...

Tim May 12th 10 12:19 AM

On May 11, 5:14*pm, Bryce Utting wrote:
Otto Bahn wrote:
Can you imagine if you spent as much time in rec.boats as hk how ****ty
your
life would be.

As ****ty as your life....constantly changing Monikers?

What do Monikers do? * I've been on a few boats and
I don' tever remember hearing that term.

they blow the top yard-arm, IIRC.

butting

--http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~butting
* CHOCOLATE chocolate... *Dark. Bitter. Film noir dark and
* bitter. Ideally accompanied by some kind of concentrated alcohol.
* * * -- Sydney Padua

My I just got some new monikers for the band. The old JBL's didn't
cut it anymore. volume pots going out of one and one speaker was shot.
Got a great deal on some slightly used MiM Fenders, though.

?;^ )

*e#c May 12th 10 01:13 AM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On May 11, 4:01*pm, "Otto Bahn" wrote:
"*e#c" wrote

Obviously you are the rare exception for most people in rec.boats. Your
prize is a quality life, living life to the fullest. Those who spend all
of their time in rec.boats instead of boating (hk, etec, Yukonbound, etc)
are examples of what happens when you spend all of your time in this
cesspool.

Can you imagine if you spent as much time in rec.boats as hk how ****ty
your
life would be.

wrote in message

.. .

On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:47:14 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
wrote:

"Display Name Here" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time
calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once
saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

I'm seeing boats right now: threre sailboats--two under sail and one
moored--and a waterman's workboat.

Do I win a prize?

As ****ty as your life....constantly changing Monikers?

What do Monikers do? * I've been on a few boats and
I don' tever remember hearing that term.

--oTTo--

Does Duke University condone your trolling on their server?

Wayne.B May 12th 10 03:27 AM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On Tue, 11 May 2010 10:08:12 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc
wrote:

What I have always wondered is if lurkers and
those who don't bother to post boating stuff would chime up if you got
rid of the idiots that post off topic all the time.

Absolutely yes. We have lost a lot of good people who were serious
boaters because of all the BS that goes on. Probably many more took
one look and never came back. It might be interesting to start a list
of the MIAs. Here's a beginning:

Chuck Gould
Tom Francis
NOYB from Naples, FL
Gene Kearns
Eisboch
Wayne (Clams) Canino
Lloyd Sumpter
Karl Denninger
Larry from Charleston
Karen Smith
Bill Grannis
Dave Brown
Vic Smith
Del Cecchi
Capt. Bill in Sarasota
Steve Weingart
Steven Shelikoff
Norm (N.L.) Eckert
Russ Glindmeier

I'm sure there are lots of others.

Tim May 12th 10 04:01 AM

wrote:
[...]

And that's just a fraction of the list.

There used to be some great boating stories and advice here.

Most of it in fact.

Bryce Utting May 12th 10 07:36 AM

Tim wrote:
My I just got some new monikers for the band. The old JBL's didn't
cut it anymore. volume pots going out of one and one speaker was shot.
Got a great deal on some slightly used MiM Fenders, though.

shoulda got some Wharfedales.

butting

--
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~butting
$27.9-- $27.95?! That used to be like, three weeks of groceries,

Dr. HotSalt May 12th 10 10:21 AM

On May 11, 3:59*pm, Nicko wrote:
On May 11, 1:47*pm, "Otto Bahn" wrote:

"Display Name Here" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

Isn't ARK a boat?

Nah, it's a bus full of bozos.

Dr. HotSalt

bpuharic May 12th 10 11:10 AM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On Tue, 11 May 2010 11:13:16 -0400, "Display Name Here"
wrote:

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names, has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know
someone who once saw a boat?

i own a 26' tollycraft...have actually asked questions and received
answers her in re.boat.

the political stuff is crap. but unfortunately the liars who post are
so offensive it's hard not to respond

bpuharic May 12th 10 11:11 AM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:55:07 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 11 May 2010 20:01:09 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Del Cecchi
Capt. Bill in Sarasota
Steve Weingart
Steven Shelikoff
Norm (N.L.) Eckert
Russ Glindmeier

I'm sure there are lots of others.

And that's just a fraction of the list.

There used to be some great boating stories and advice here.

Most of it in fact.

I thought about this a week or so ago and had an idea.
Do you think we could tag everything that strays off the boats as "OT"
I tried it for a while and nobody got the hint.
If we did, a person just looking for boat content could just filter
"OT" out. This would be a pretty empty NG tho ;-)

makes sense to me...

surferelf May 12th 10 02:49 PM

In article , Nicko wrote:
On May 11, 1:47*pm, "Otto Bahn" wrote:
"Display Name Here" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

Isn't ARK a boat?

ARK is a bee in a balloon. Stomping on your face. Forever.

I am Tosk May 12th 10 03:06 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

How many of them left because of Harry directly?

--
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!

hk May 12th 10 03:09 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On 5/12/10 10:06 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

None.

And why are you here? You said you were leaving...lying...again?

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

moose[_2_] May 12th 10 03:21 PM

wrote:

[...]

Krause lies again. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Otto Bahn[_2_] May 12th 10 03:28 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

"Dr. HotSalt" wrote

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time
calling
each other names,

Well, since people have names, what's wrong with that?

has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know someone who once
saw
a boat?

What's the difference between a Tri Delt and a boat?
Not everyone has been in a boat!

Isn't ARK a boat?

Nah, it's a bus full of bozos.

It's a little known fact that buses are required to float
for at least 20 minutes.

--oTTo--

*e#c May 12th 10 10:26 PM

*wrote:

[...]

He never left...he just changes his name..... Coward is as Coward does.

Matthew L Martin May 12th 10 11:44 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

On 5/12/2010 1:10 PM, Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:
On 05/12/2010 05:21 AM, Dr. HotSalt wrote:
On May 11, 3:59 pm, wrote:
Isn't ARK a boat?

Nah, it's a bus full of bozos.

DUCK! http://www.dellsducks.com/ducks.html

Why do you think we have to inflate those shoes?

Meh.

These guys are much better:

http://www.bostonducktours.com/

They let 2 year old girls pilot when in the water.

Matthew (I have pictures)

Mark Edwards May 12th 10 11:51 PM

Ok, does anyone in rec.boats actually boat?

Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:
DUCK!

ITYM "CROW!"

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Larry[_17_] May 13th 10 01:03 AM

wrote:

It looks like most of the people in here spend all of their time calling
each other names, has anyone in rec.boats own a boat, use a boat, know
someone who once saw a boat?

i own a 26' tollycraft...have actually asked questions and received
answers her in re.boat.

the political stuff is crap. but unfortunately the liars who post are
so offensive it's hard not to respond

It doesn't seem too hard for you.