hk hk is offline

Default Crist has small lead over Rubio...

....in the latest Rasmussen survey of Florida voter preferences for the
general election, 38% to 34%.

Rubio, of course, has the Republican primary locked.

The Democrat in the general election race hasn't the name recognition
yet of Rubio or Crist.

Could be the most interesting general election in the country this fall,
with Rubio getting the hard-right mindless conservative voters, Crist
pulling moderate Republicans and some Indys and Dems, and maybe winning,
or spoiling Rubio's chances, giving the Dem the edge.

I don't have a horse in the Florida U.S. Senate race, but if Crist or
the Dem beat Rubio, it'll be a slam on the mindless right, and *that*
can only be good for America.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

"hk" wrote in message
...in the latest Rasmussen survey of Florida voter preferences for the
general election, 38% to 34%.

Rubio, of course, has the Republican primary locked.

The Democrat in the general election race hasn't the name recognition yet
of Rubio or Crist.

Could be the most interesting general election in the country this fall,
with Rubio getting the hard-right mindless conservative voters, Crist
pulling moderate Republicans and some Indys and Dems, and maybe winning,
or spoiling Rubio's chances, giving the Dem the edge.

I don't have a horse in the Florida U.S. Senate race, but if Crist or the
Dem beat Rubio, it'll be a slam on the mindless right, and *that* can only
be good for America.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

Crist is at least somewhat centrist.

hk hk is offline

On 5/4/10 8:24 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
...in the latest Rasmussen survey of Florida voter preferences for the
general election, 38% to 34%.

Rubio, of course, has the Republican primary locked.

The Democrat in the general election race hasn't the name recognition yet
of Rubio or Crist.

Could be the most interesting general election in the country this fall,
with Rubio getting the hard-right mindless conservative voters, Crist
pulling moderate Republicans and some Indys and Dems, and maybe winning,
or spoiling Rubio's chances, giving the Dem the edge.

I don't have a horse in the Florida U.S. Senate race, but if Crist or the
Dem beat Rubio, it'll be a slam on the mindless right, and *that* can only
be good for America.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

Crist is at least somewhat centrist.

Certainly more than Rubio. I'm no fan of Crist, but I'd rather see hijm
in the Senate than Rubio, a goose-stepping conservative.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

m...
wrote in message
[...]

Interestingly, even Rubio is not in favor of the Arizona bs.

wrote in message
On Tue, 4 May 2010 21:17:39 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

news:m5mdneGyDqzlVX3WnZ2dnUVZ_qKdnZ2d@earthlink. com...
wrote in message
[...]

Rubio is trying to regain the support of the latino community that
used to be solidly in the GOP corner.
They are generally right in lock step with the righteous right.
Abortion is murder, Jesus is lord and women should be home cooking
dinner right after they finish their hotel maid job.

Correction: Women should not be working.

On Wed, 05 May 2010 00:35:19 -0400, gfretwell wrote:

Rubio is trying to regain the support of the latino community that used
to be solidly in the GOP corner. They are generally right in lock step
with the righteous right. Abortion is murder, Jesus is lord and women
should be home cooking dinner right after they finish their hotel maid
job.

It's a bit generational. While older Cubans are still fighting the
Revolution, younger Cubans are not nearly as conservative.
hk hk is offline

On 5/5/10 6:12 AM, thunder wrote:
On Wed, 05 May 2010 00:35:19 -0400, gfretwell wrote:

Rubio is trying to regain the support of the latino community that used
to be solidly in the GOP corner. They are generally right in lock step
with the righteous right. Abortion is murder, Jesus is lord and women
should be home cooking dinner right after they finish their hotel maid
job.

It's a bit generational. While older Cubans are still fighting the
Revolution, younger Cubans are not nearly as conservative.

Once the Castros die, the opposition among older Cuban Americans to
allow normal relations with Cuba will crumble.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

IRS investigating Rubio... hk General 6 April 29th 10 12:18 AM
How Small a Boat for a Small Number of People? -- FollowUp [email protected] General 8 November 12th 05 02:17 AM
How Small a Boat for a Small Number of People? [email protected] General 11 September 13th 05 05:38 PM
Small engine for small boat Smoogster General 5 April 13th 05 06:14 PM
trailerable small sailboat for small family sams General 6 August 13th 04 07:47 PM