Default C-span

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
I've ditched all but basic cable so was watching C-span during the
votes. They were killing time during the votes, asking supporters,
those against and those undecided to call and weigh in with their
thoughts.

Most of the supporters were well-spoken, reasonable, with a couple of
exceptions who were obviously upset about the Republican's use of the
abortion funding issue to scuttle the bill.

Likewise, the undecideds were pretty reasonable if a little dense.

When it came to those against, OMG, they were off the friggin' charts.
Many had convinced themselves this was a government takeover and soon
they'd be telling us when we could go to bed (the well-trodden nanny
state metaphor).

They really sounded like complete idiots, I was embarassed for them.
But none of them sounded as ignorant or racist as Jim or Canuck.

I think we have a rare opportunity in rec.boats, the good fortune you
might consider, to witness some of the darkest ugliness in evidence in
our country.

Our own, sick, deluded, racist Teabaggers, right here in rec.boats.

Awesome.

You know... I think some of the teabaggers, even most of them, truly believe
that gov't officials don't really listen, and I tend to agree with them. The
problem is that there's a significant number who are nothing more than
race-baiting, KKKer types who would use any excuse to be part of a group of
people who would normally shun them. There's also a large number in their
ranks that were lied to by Faux News and Friends, and they are either too
gullible or too dumb to actually look at the plethora of facts available.
They would prefer to believe that Obama is a Marxist from Kenya, because it
justifies their fears, fears that have been played to by a group of
politicians and pundits.

Yawn

"anon-e-moose" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

I know. The truth is boring sometimes.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know if you speak any truths but you are definitely boring and
repetitive.

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Feel free to ignore me.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

I will when I'm finished with you.

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

So, basically, you can't. Why don't you become a stalker.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

In your dreams. Are you here to troll for stalkers? I really don't think
you've got the bait.

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Yet, you've got to reply to my posts... yep, another stalker, afraid of an
actual thinking person. Got it.

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps jps is offline

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:24:44 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"anon-e-moose" wrote in message
.. .
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Expect he's a member of his local Moose Lodge.

The kind that sports burting veins on Karl Mauldin-type nose.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

"anon-e-moose" wrote in message
. ..
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

The kind that sports *bursting* veins on Karl Mauldin-type nose.