nom=de=plume nom=de=plume is offline

Default C-span

"anon-e-moose" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"anon-e-moose" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"anon-e-moose" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
I've ditched all but basic cable so was watching C-span during the
votes. They were killing time during the votes, asking supporters,
those against and those undecided to call and weigh in with their
thoughts.

Most of the supporters were well-spoken, reasonable, with a couple
of
exceptions who were obviously upset about the Republican's use of
the
abortion funding issue to scuttle the bill.

Likewise, the undecideds were pretty reasonable if a little dense.

When it came to those against, OMG, they were off the friggin'
charts.
Many had convinced themselves this was a government takeover and
soon
they'd be telling us when we could go to bed (the well-trodden nanny
state metaphor).

They really sounded like complete idiots, I was embarassed for them.
But none of them sounded as ignorant or racist as Jim or Canuck.

I think we have a rare opportunity in rec.boats, the good fortune
you
might consider, to witness some of the darkest ugliness in evidence
in
our country.

Our own, sick, deluded, racist Teabaggers, right here in rec.boats.

Awesome.
You know... I think some of the teabaggers, even most of them, truly
believe that gov't officials don't really listen, and I tend to agree
with them. The problem is that there's a significant number who are
nothing more than race-baiting, KKKer types who would use any excuse
to be part of a group of people who would normally shun them. There's
also a large number in their ranks that were lied to by Faux News and
Friends, and they are either too gullible or too dumb to actually
look at the plethora of facts available. They would prefer to believe
that Obama is a Marxist from Kenya, because it justifies their fears,
fears that have been played to by a group of politicians and pundits.

Yawn

I know. The truth is boring sometimes.

I don't know if you speak any truths but you are definitely boring and
repetitive.

Feel free to ignore me.

I will when I'm finished with you.

So, basically, you can't. Why don't you become a stalker.

--
Nom=de=Plume