Default March 21, 2010

On Mar 21, 10:57*pm, I am Tosk
wrote:
... at 10:45 pm the constitution was shredded. Pray for America, pray
for our children.

Scotty

--
For a great time, go here first...http://tinyurl.com/ygqxs5v

What part of the Constitution and how was it shredded?

On Mar 22, 9:25*am, Loogypicker wrote:
On Mar 21, 10:57*pm, I am Tosk
wrote:

... at 10:45 pm the constitution was shredded. Pray for America, pray
for our children.

Scotty

--
For a great time, go here first...http://tinyurl.com/ygqxs5v

What part of the Constitution and how was it shredded?

For starters:

"The 9th Amendment that provides: The enumeration in the
Constitution,
of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others
retained by the people;

The 10th Amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United
States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are
preserved to
the States respectively, or to the people. Under the provisions of
this
piece of Congressional handiwork neither the people nor the states are
going
to have any rights or powers at all in many areas that once were
theirs to
control."

Attempts at insults and name-calling aside, I don't beleive that
anyone can seriously deny that the above is happening.

wrote:

... at 10:45 pm the constitution was shredded. Pray for America, pray
for our children.

Scotty

--
For a great time, go here first...http://tinyurl.com/ygqxs5v

What part of the Constitution and how was it shredded?

For starters:

"The 9th Amendment that provides: The enumeration in the
Constitution,
of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others
retained by the people;

How did healthcare reform (which was voted on and passed) shred this?

The 10th Amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United
States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are
preserved to
the States respectively, or to the people. *Under the provisions of
this
piece of Congressional handiwork neither the people nor the states are
going
to have any rights or powers at all in many areas that once were
theirs to
control."

Attempts at insults and name-calling aside, I don't beleive that
anyone can seriously deny that the above is happening.

Health care reform has done nothing to the above. NOTHING. Notice, if
you willl that the passage starts as "The powers NOT delegated to the
US or the Constitution.....".

wrote:

[...]

And notice it ends "are preserved to the States respectively, or to
the people." The new HCB takes certain rights and powers from the
States or people and gives them to the Federal government. That's
what the 10th Admendment says they aren't supposed to do.

Besides, you saying something doesn't make it true, even if you
capitalize it. I quoted the opinion of a Constitutional Law
Instructor and Lawyer... I'll take his word over yours. What is your
degree in again?
hk hk is offline

On 3/22/10 12:15 PM, Jack wrote:
On Mar 22, 11:40 am, wrote:
On Mar 22, 11:32 am, wrote:

On Mar 22, 9:25 am, wrote:

On Mar 21, 10:57 pm, I am
wrote:

[...]

I suggest you and your state secede in protest. It'll be fun to watch SC
turn into Haiti without those federal payments.

wrote:

[...]

degree in again?- Hide quoted text -

Cite?

wrote:

[...]

"Arguments that public health care would be a violation of the
Constitution are both pointless and misleading. While the Constitution
does not explicitly call for a right to health care (unless you choose
to interpret the right to life in that manner, which is another
discussion entirely), these arguments miss the whole point on two
counts.

First, the Constitution was penned at a time when labor was in demand
and health care, such as it was, was affordable to anyone who was
productively employed.

Much has changed since the 18th century. Health care has advanced
significantly, and costs more due to the treatments that are now
available (and which couldn’t even be imagined when the Constitution
was written) as well as the current structure of our health care
system.

For a number of reasons it is not always possible to make enough to
afford modern health care out of pocket. In short, it is a different
America we live in than it was during the time of the Founding
Fathers. The Constitution was never meant to be a static document;
amendments were made from the start.

This is not to say that a Constitutional amendment is necessary. A
society that is as rich as ours can afford health care for its
citizens if it can afford military adventurism in Iraq and other
unnecessary spending. It is a matter of setting proper priorities and
eliminating the inefficiencies, insurance company greed, and
corruption in the current health care system.

Virtually every other rich nation has a public health care system, and
yes, they work at least as well as ours on average. We already have a
publicly funded health care system for retirees, the military, and
government employees; it’s time to stop excluding the rest of us"

wrote:

[...]

Interesting, but notice that your quoted text never makes the argument
that the HCB *doesn't* violate the Constitution, but rather argues
that while it does, it's necessary and even OK to do so for various
reasons. Thanks for making my point.

Understand that I think that healthcare costs are excessive, and that
action of some kind is needed to bring things back under control.
However, this HCB was not the answer, was not wanted by a majority of
Americans, and will not be in the best interests of the US. It's a
screwed-up piece of legislation that is as far away from open and
transparent government as you can get. But that's no surprise either.

How are those Social Security bennies holding out? You plan on any of
those when you retire? I know I'm not banking on it. Yet we want to
turn over health care to the same DC idiots?

In article dc8847fc-be58-4a36-b578-bda12dc92ea8@
30g2000yqi.googlegroups.com, says...

wrote:

[...]

Uh, he just did...