Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default It's that time again!

This year's Race for the Cure in Richmond is cranking up again. My daughter has
sent out an email, and I'll include it below. Some donations have already been
made!. This year, I'll match up to $200 of the amount donated by any individual
on rec.boats. I'm already behind the power curve.

First, here is her page: http://tinyurl.com/ygqxs5v

Donations can be made and credited to her team by clicking on the 'Support
Renee' button.

Here's her letter, with a little editing.

Hi, there!!!! I bet you're wondering what IN THE WORLD happened to me!!! You
haven't heard anything from me YET about this year's race!!! Well, we've made
some changes....you can view my page for details, but it took a little extra
time for us to get it together. We are now "Run for the Hills!!!" And we are
hoping to have a huge team this year, though there is little time!!! I'm hoping
you haven't registered for the race, and you will, once again, race with me!!!
You may get this e-mail more than once. I apologize in advance.

To update you on my progress, I finally have little news! Some of you may not
know that I lost my implants just before last summer, as a result of infection.
They were replaced in September, and I had another infection in October,
spending several days in the hospital. I stayed on antibiotics through the
holidays, to buy myself some time before more involved, long-term, IV
antibiotics....but when I stopped the oral antibiotics on Jan. 1, the infection
didn't come back!!!! So....knocking on wood....I think I'm done for a while!!!
I still take a "Tamoxifen"-like drug (probably through next summer), see my
oncologist and my surgeon every six months, and get breast MRI's annually, but
as of next December, I will be a 5-year survivor! I have a 10% risk of
recurrence, so I'm very vigilant! In fact, I am now, officially, a
hypochondriac!! My doctors tell me I'm entitled.

This year, Tracy Lynch (who just finished treatment for breast cancer) and I
have joined forces to form, what we hope is, the largest team in the city!
Though you may think you live in a wonderful community, you could not begin to
know the extent to which the Twin Hickory community is full of wonder, until you
experience it first hand, as Tracy and I have. For this reason, we have decided
to organize a community-based team. Our team name is "Run for the Hills!!! (of
Twin Hickory). In the past, my team, "Racing WITH Renee", has been one of the 5
largest teams at the race (out of about 300 teams!!!), with membership between
150 and 200 people each year! We have raised nearly $30,000 for the Susan G.
Komen Foundation over the past four years! Tracy and I look forward to, once
again, having a strong presence at this year's race!

Now that you're up to date, back to the purpose of the e-mail. I would be most
honored if you would, once again, see fit to join me in the Race! You can view
my race page at www.komenrichmond.org/goto/reneewinckler . From here, you can
join the team by clicking "Join Renee's Team", or you can donate to Susan G.
Komen by clicking on "Support Renee". You can also view our team roster by
clicking on "Run for the Hills". From the roster, you can click on Tracy's name
to view her page, as well.

Renee

--

"You may give it away, but your honor can never be taken from you. Cherish it."
John H

How much time left on the stooges time out? Jim General 28 July 30th 08 01:13 AM
It's time HK General 25 November 13th 07 01:00 AM
Time For;---- Thom Stewart ASA 1 October 15th 06 01:03 AM
Take your time. Ellen MacArthur ASA 5 September 14th 06 06:25 PM
One More Time!!! CANDChelp ASA 2 July 23rd 03 05:30 PM