Default Helping a neighbor move. Wow, what a weekend.

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:32:04 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

OK, I'm taking a break. I've been at it since my last post. about two and a half
hours ago. I've still not got the old faucett out. My wife is doing the pipe
wrench bit topside while I'm trying to hold the big nut in place underneath. I
sprayed it with PB Blaster. We'll see if that works.

I hate plumbing.

I don't like fooling around under the sink, but sweating the big stuff can be
fun and I am real good at it.

When I redid my house I used a lot of PEX (R) Pipe and "Sharkbite" fittings. I
switched to copper at the various fixtures, toilet, sinks, dishwasher as I like
having solid pipes to hold petcocks in place. Nice stuff to work with, the
Sharkbites make it a breeze. No wrenches, no sweating pipes, no goo, no
problem. Just get the dedicated cutters to leave a proper end and you are set
to roll...

Scotty

The new faucett has plastic lines already attached for connecting to the water
lines.
--

John H

wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 07:18:05 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Yesterday afternoon I helped a neighbor load a U-Haul so they could
move to indianapolis. Beutiful weather but I feel like I've used
muscles I never had. Really hard to roll out of the rack this
morning. But one thing I noticed, is how can anyone collect so much
stuff! Of course my wife had to remind me I'm the same way.

I have been renovating a bathroom. I know what you mean about those
unused muscles. Demo'ing a half yard of concrete floor and hustling
around 4x8 sheets of durock reminds you about the 64 times the earth
has circled the sun since you were born but I am still going strong.
Only dropped one section of tiled wall on my leg and only one hail gun
wound. Both have pretty much healed up ;-)

Only about 350 square feet of tile to install now and do my trim out.
With luck we will be done by next weekend.

I have aolmost 3 years more than you, and dang, I was tired after pruning
the fruit trees. Only 5.5 trees (one is still small) and I was tired.

wrote:

[...]

You guys need to man up.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

\

Nope, make the wife do the pruning.

m...

wrote:

[...]

I'm sure she's better at it anyway. Women are better at most things, and
they do it in heels... the reference is:

Ginger Rodgers danced the same dances with Fred Astaire, except she did it
in heels and backwards.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:

[...]

If they're apple trees, save the wood for smoking. Great stuff.
--

John H

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:56:26 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

It's nothing a cutting torch can't cure, John....

?;^ Q

You're almost right. I've got a reciprocating saw and got halfway through it
before the battery died. Now I've got an hour waiting for it to charge. In
trying to get the damn thing loose, my wife and I crushed the big brass nut and
the threaded tube holding the damn thing onto the sink. Now the nut won't turn
at all. Sawing is the only recourse. Just don't want to dick up the sink.

So TNT is out of the question?

Scotty

A well-calculated and well-placed shaped charge may have done it, but the saw
worked. Whew. Explosives in the kitchen may have scared the new dog.

The new one is in. Nothing leaks. Miraculous. Tim must have put in the word with
Someone.
--

John H
Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 22, 5:56*pm, I am Tosk
wrote:
In article ,
says...

It's nothing a cutting torch can't cure, John....

?;^ Q

You're almost right. I've got a reciprocating saw and got halfway through it
before the battery died. Now I've got an hour waiting for it to charge. In
trying to get the damn thing loose, my wife and I crushed the big brass nut and
the threaded tube holding the damn thing onto the sink. Now the nut won't turn
at all. Sawing is the only recourse. Just don't want to dick up the sink.

So TNT is out of the question?

Scotty

--
Can I haz Cheezeburger?

Only if you can't get ahold of any "det-cord."

another dock neighbor Eisboch General 33 July 17th 08 11:02 PM
'Dear Neighbor: Please fire your illegal alien gardener' [email protected] General 2 May 24th 07 05:23 AM
'Dear Neighbor: Please fire your illegal alien gardener' Lawyerkill General 1 May 23rd 07 11:10 PM
Help thy (my) neighbor with small Universal diesel Roger Long Cruising 6 June 13th 06 11:48 PM
i was helping to sow you some of my hot pears Anastasia ASA 0 April 22nd 05 02:04 PM