Larry Hill

Default Can I dump my boat sofa in the chesapeake bay?

It is large heavy and ugly.
I was thinking of going into 40 foot or deeper water and heaving it over the
side. Does anyone have a problem with this?
In a few years the metal frame would be gone and of course the wood and
cloth would rot as well. It is an old sleep sofa and IMO, too hard to lug
back up the dock.

If you are really stupid and don't care about your fellow boaters hitting and
****ing up thier boat because you were an asshole...
NEED I SAY MORE?
Take it to a dump!
Larry Hill

Scott Downey

I think the marina manger would have a problem with that
The other thing I could do is dissasemble the frame out of the sofa to
lighten it but I still like the over board route, much less to deal with.
I wonder if it would be illegal.

Subject: Can I dump my boat sofa in the chesapeake bay?
From: "Scott Downey"

It is large heavy and ugly.
I was thinking of going into 40 foot or deeper water and heaving it over

the
side. Does anyone have a problem with this?

Not me.

In a few years the metal frame would be gone and of course the wood and
cloth would rot as well. It is an old sleep sofa and IMO, too hard to lug
back up the dock.

Why not just leave it on the dock and let it rot there.

Capt. Bill

NOYB

"Scott Downey" wrote in message
It is large heavy and ugly.

Don't give anybody any ideas. They might be married to someone fitting that
description.

Ron Thornton

I believe if would be illegal to dump it anywhere is US waters.

Ron

Paul

I wonder if it would be illegal.

Yes it would be illegal.

If it wasn't illegal then every waste removal company in the area would be
buying barges and dumping crap in the water. Even with the cost of the barge
they would save big money on the tipping fees.

jps

I used my reciprocal saw on the major sections of my old piece. Got it to
small enough pieces to get it out the door and then used a 5 lb sledge to
make those pieces smaller. Took about an hour and made it easy to throw
into the marina trash bin (but I asked the manager first and brought him a
six pack of nice microbrew a couple of weeks later).

More sweat investment but much less expensive than fuel and guilt.

jps

"Scott Downey" wrote in message
It is large heavy and ugly.
I was thinking of going into 40 foot or deeper water and heaving it over

the
side. Does anyone have a problem with this?
In a few years the metal frame would be gone and of course the wood and
cloth would rot as well. It is an old sleep sofa and IMO, too hard to lug
back up the dock.

Jack Rye

With homeland security, U.S. Coast Guard. Maybe they are monitoring this
group for complete morons willing to dump garbage in the sea. Where we get
our food and pleasure from. If they are. I hope you go to jail, and rot
there till you can no longer pose a menace to society, and the boating
public.

Jack
"Scott Downey" wrote in message
It is large heavy and ugly.
I was thinking of going into 40 foot or deeper water and heaving it over

the
side. Does anyone have a problem with this?
In a few years the metal frame would be gone and of course the wood and
cloth would rot as well. It is an old sleep sofa and IMO, too hard to lug
back up the dock.

Rick

"... much less expensive than fuel and guilt."

Not to mention the $25000 fine for dumping.

Rick