Default Boating is BACK!!

"Bruce" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message

Bill McKee wrote:

wrote in message

Bill McKee wrote:

wrote in message

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:24:42 -0500, John H
wrote:

I've tried fixing bluefish. Tasted like crap. I need someone to
show
me
how to
do it. Otherwise I won't even fish for them.
--

My sister stuffs the whole fish and bakes it. That is not bad. I am
not sure what all she puts in the stuffing but it is probably

I had baked Bluefish while in Tampa one time. Do not want it again.

At a restaurant? I've never seen it on a menu.

Holiday Inn Friday buffet. Clearwater, FL. 1980's.

I was dining on lake perch and walleye in those days.

I dined on a lot of other things also in those days. Since I am not a
big
fish eater, but love crabs and shrimp, mostly those. But I traveled to
Clearwater a few times on business. And the Holiday Inn where we stayed
had
a great Friday seafood buffet, and the happy hour in the bar, had lots of
roast beef, stone crab legs, etc on the free food table.

Stone crab legs? Really?

That is what I was told. Like a long pencil. Break it in half and pull
apart for the meat.

Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 25, 12:39*pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message

Bill McKee wrote:
*wrote in message
om...

Bill McKee wrote:

* wrote in message
news:ULednVuL3KSQix7WnZ2dnUVZ_shi4p2d@giganews .com...

Bill McKee wrote:

news:ksq5o51n9epff4potn2pk5lf88a1f7ov6c@4ax. com...

* *wrote:

[...]

apart for the meat.- Hide quoted text -

I dont' kwno about stone crabs, but last time I went for steamed crab
legs I was unenchanted with the leg crackers they had. A real pain,
but I suffered though it. a couple weeks later, I went back and
emberassed my wife half to death. I got a load of crab legs , sat
down, and dug out a pair of new channel-locks and had at it. She
immediatly looked around to see if anyone was watching and told me to
put them away. I told her I was there to eat, not to play with the
food! When she saw how well I was cracking the legs, she wanted me to
do a mess for her also.

Ah! "practicality."

?;^ )

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message

Bill McKee wrote:

wrote in message

Bill McKee wrote:

wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

You had king or snow crabs. Stone crabs are harvested for their huge
claws. They have legs but they are tiny. They twist one claw off and
return the live crab to the ocean where a new one will grow back. A
renewable resource!