Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim Jim is offline

Default Boating and Multi-Millionairedom - The Inclination Toward Moral Relativism(ATTENTION LIBS!)

The doc has me off Budweiser to rein in the gout pain I'm suffering.
But it's only for a week, so I'll write this while I can.
Don't let my pseudo-intellectual heading put you off. That's all BS.
Not long ago "multi-millionaire" was a synonym for "fabulously wealthy."
Their numbers were limited, and they weren't resented much, since they
gave to the community, and were in general folks to be admired.
They represented hard work, incentive, and American ingenuity.
Even the "old money" felt a responsibility to the American community,
and they were looked upon by the average Joe with a certain fondness.
The average Joe still equates multi-millionairedom with fabulous wealth.
He feels he may get there himself, being it's the "American Way," and
that he'll remain an average Joe when he gets there.
"Joe the Plumber" was like that. And a real nice guy too.
What most "Average Joes" don't realize is that multi-millionaires are
now a full and numerous class of folks on the American scene, so they
pretty much exclusively look out for their own interests.
Ever hear of "birds of a feather?"
Of course - no insult intended.
Multi-millionaires will look out for each other, no doubt.
And they have the moola to buy the politicians.
Nothing wrong with that. It's the American way.
Another oft used cliche is "Remembering where you came from."
Let me ask you something.
How many multi-millionaires who started off living in 2-bedroom shacks
eating fried spam for breakfast continue those habits?
What the hell is the use of being multi-millionaire if you're going to
do something like that? Think about it.
Why deal with low-class folks if you're a multi-millionaire?
Defeats the whole purpose.
Let's put it in boat terms.
You have millions of dollars. Why would you settle for a 22' Parker?
What's my point here?
'Bama is a multi-millionaire.
Surrounded by multi-millionaire Wall Street pals in the White house.
Why are the libs so upset that he thinks execs getting multi-million
dollar bonuses of taxpayer money is fine?
He's a Harvard Law grad rolling in dough. Michelle herself was pulling
down an annual $400k as a hospital mouthpiece just a couple years ago.
Despite the well-crafted facade of "Man of the People" put out by his
campaign, most of 'Bama's funding came from Wall Street.
Did the libs believe the "Hope and Change" marketing hype?
Makes you wonder how naive they are.
Last multi-millionaire I saw who was sincere in taking care of the
"little people" was Ted Kennedy.
But he was a murderer atoning for his sins, so he doesn't count.
The libs here - and I mean nomdeplume, jps, bphuric, obscene Harry, RLM,
and some others, should wake up and smell the coffee.
Money talks, bull**** walks.
That's the way it goes.
And one other thing.
Why are these libs always name-calling and cussing?
Libs should be polite and compliant, IMO.
They should their piece politely and move on.
Then maybe some of the cash will trickle down to them.
Just a word to the wise there.
Enough for now. Going to check the boat. Can't remember if I
reconnected the bilge pump after doing a job down there, and the shaft
gland is leaking pretty good. Shaft is pitted badly, but removing the
compass bearing is PITA, so I've put off replacement.
I've been pondering getting a bilge alarm that will sound off at the
marina, and also send me a phone call.
Any recommendations?

Libs vs Cons Frogwatch[_2_] General 19 August 12th 09 05:36 AM
Loss of moral standing HK General 0 June 1st 09 07:21 PM
Wonder what the libs will have against this... JohnH[_3_] General 15 November 27th 08 01:05 PM
Old boating hazard getting new attention in Florida [email protected] General 3 May 17th 06 01:00 PM
A Moral Tail (long) JG ASA 8 April 21st 05 01:02 PM