Default BREAKING: Brown Wins in Mass. Race

On 23/01/2010 6:00 PM, Bruce wrote:
bpuharic wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:42:10 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:26:38 -0600,
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:55:46 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

and the SCOTUS just ****ed us again. they ruled companies can do
whatever they want in terms of paying for campaigns.

this country, courtesy of the right wing, may be doomed
Oh yee of little faith. While I'll agree the SCOTUS decision is the
absolutely wrong one, you are starting to sound like a Republican, all
doom and gloom. If there is one thing I have learned, in my short time
on this planet, is this country is incredibly resilient. It's people
are
the hardest working, most creative, people you will find. We have faced
far more difficult challenges than this current SCOTUS. We will
survive,
and we will prosper. Hell, eight years of Bush hasn't killed us. Need I
say more?
It's OK for Democrats to bribe each other with taxpayer money, but not
OK for both Democrats and Republicans to recieve corporate money.

Liberal thinking is quite strange.

now let's see...which justices voted to allow even MORE corruption in
the system?

oh...the conservative ones

Cite?

No need too, SCOTUS is made up of both Dem and GOP appointees. It is
public knowledge for those literate enough to read. Didn't see any
chirp from the Dem appontees on this mater.

Case closed. Dem and GOP are for it.

wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:55:46 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

and the SCOTUS just ****ed us again. they ruled companies can do
whatever they want in terms of paying for campaigns.

this country, courtesy of the right wing, may be doomed
Oh yee of little faith. While I'll agree the SCOTUS decision is the
absolutely wrong one, you are starting to sound like a Republican,

given the fact 1 senator can deny healthcare to millions, our
political process is seriously ****ed up. it's time to disband the
senate

all
doom and gloom. If there is one thing I have learned, in my short time
on this planet, is this country is incredibly resilient. It's people are
the hardest working, most creative, people you will find. We have faced
far more difficult challenges than this current SCOTUS. We will survive,
and we will prosper. Hell, eight years of Bush hasn't killed us. Need I
say more?

you have a point. i hope folks dont forget bush. but it looks like
mebbe they are.

Disband the Senate? Your normally post a lot of weird **** but this is
just dumb.

If it was Canada, 400 geriatrics with nothing to do but cost us, I wold
agree. But the US senate is at least active. Dumb to remove such a
needed counterbalance. Millions of Canadians wish we had an active,
elected and effective senate.

It serves a big purpose. Parliamentry systems suck.

wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:55:46 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

you have a point. i hope folks dont forget bush. but it looks like
mebbe they are.

Disband the Senate? Your normally post a lot of weird **** but this is
just dumb.

uh why? what function does the senate serve? and, yes, there are
plenty of democracies without a 'higher' chamber.

so, other than your assertion that it's dumb, do you have any
evidence? history is on my side, it seems

I had this conversation with an American friend once. He too said what
a waste of money with the stalling and expense and nothing gets done.

But I then pointed out the wisdom the forfathers made in having a
senate, as Canada is without one in essenace. Oh, we have a senate, but
it isn't elected, it isn't effective and is a patronage pork
appointment. Not worth more mention as the Canadian senate makes a wart
look useful.

But in the US, you have three effective branches, Senate, Congress and
Administration. It prevents any one person from being a term dictator
like the Prime Minister of Canada or the UK. There must be some
agreements between the 3 branches or the process stalls and is part of
the governemnt structure. In Canada, if the PM has a majority
governemtn or the opposition can't afford and election, he/she is in
essence a term dictator. And the results are more statism and less
value for the people. And stalling is OK to DO!!! It is a functional
part of US politics.

If 49/51 or 50/50 or 51/49 percent of the people agree on something, the
race is tight. If 40 states want it, but 10 do not, the balance exists
to get it heard but not shoved through against the more populated
states. If it stalls, perhaps it didn't have the needed support thus is
a good thing it stalled. Stalling is the righ answer until the support
discipates or rises.

The US system, other than the corruption going on in bribes,
contributions and influence peddling in DC, it is the best system in the
world to date. Just needs a few minor adjustments.

Might I suggest that politicial contributions by ANY organization be
outlawed as a federal crime against democracy. Put it right beside
conspiracy, extortion and fraud.

Replace it with a head tax of $100 each year. Taxpayers/voters with
declared US tax filings can donate it to ANY registered political party
of choice. If you are bipartizan, send $50 to each if Dim and GOP. Or
even another registered party or even independant! Yes, if you like Ron
Paul and he is running as an independant, you can donate. Who says a
president has to be Dim or GOP?

Sort of like forced political contributions replacing the corruption
peddling. So if a sorry assed billionaire calls up a senator or
congress person for a GM or bank style bailout, they have to think the
big picture, American people and not who is going to buy me into the seat.

Then the power will be returned to the people. Make the corruption a crime.

Wouldn't hurt to fine people $100 for not voting, but allow the option
of "None" and if you don't like your choices, it is a valid option. The
none vote should be published as it tells politicians where people want
better choices.

Too bad I couldn't travel back time and get that into the US Consitution.

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:03:50 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:48:51 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

and the GOP deregulated me right into working forever

I suggest that before you blame this all on the GOP you look at the
votes on the 2 major deregulation bills ... and the president that
signed them.

you mean the president the GOP impeached? yeah. looks like he had ALOT
of control over congress, right?

Bill Clinton was the cheerleader on the commodities deregulation bill
that allowed CDOs.

you mean the gramm bill? named after phil gramm, the REPUBLICAN who
authored it, on behalf of his enron VP wife?

that the bill you referring to?

I am sure you can find his signing statement on
youtube. It was in the 60 Minutes piece on this. He is smiling and
telling us how this is a great step forward. Trying to rewrite history
and saying he was opposed to deregulation is dishonest.

i never said he was opposed. i said he was powerless to oppose it. the
GOP impeached him. his power was, to say the least, marginal.

BTW if you are still hurt from the correction a couple years ago you
were not properly diversified. I only have one major holding that is
still a loser (EXP). My IBM stock is doing better than it was in 2006.
FLR is still a "double". CLNE is more like 4- 5x from 2006.

ROFLMAO!! me and 100M other americans. you right wingers really love
to hate the middle class, don't you?

So there are 100m Americans who made bad choices with their money

this reminds me of the east german communist party statement during
anti-communist rioting....'the party had lost faith in the people'

the right SCREWS the middle class like $2 whores THEN tells 100M hard
working americans it's their fault, otherwise it would be free market
capitalism that's at fault.

and god knows we CANT have that, right?

.. Why
is that supposed to surprise me? I bet you thought getting a 125% home
equity loan on a bubble priced house, to buy something stupid, was
sound business.

hey genius...a house aint a 401K

Anyone with their head a quarter inch out of their ass knew the house
prices in 2005-2006 was an anomaly. There were a few home builders who
understood this too. If you watched the insider trading and management
shuffling in CTX in 2005-6 you had a very good idea of where the
housing market was heading. Centex stopped building any houses that
were not sold as early as 1q06, There was also a bit of insider
selling. The CEO, CFO and director of construction took a buy out.That
was your warning (among other things) that the main engine in the
economy was running out of steam. If you weren't watching signs like
this, you had no business investing. Google up things I was saying
then and you can see, someone knew. If you are not willing to watch
what is driving the market, buy CDs and take your 2%.

this babbling about 'centex' has zip to do with anything. your
religious belief in the power and ethics of the rich is touching

too bad you just proved how much right winers hate the middle class.

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 17:17:30 -0700, Canuck57
wrote:

On 23/01/2010 11:51 AM, bpuharic wrote:

the stock market has gone up from 6500 to 10500 under obama.

Time will tell but the market is over bought for the fundimentals which
tells me inflation is the cause. Jobless recovery at best.

ROFLMAO!! so obama destroys the economy, except when he doesn't

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! no wonder you right whiners are confused!

wrote:

Liberal thinking is quite strange.
now let's see...which justices voted to allow even MORE corruption in
the system?

oh...the conservative ones

Cite?

No need too, SCOTUS is made up of both Dem and GOP appointees. It is
public knowledge for those literate enough to read. Didn't see any
chirp from the Dem appontees on this mater.

Case closed. Dem and GOP are for it.

hey genius. read my post immediately above yours. it has exactly the
information you need.

no wonder you didnt read it. you can't without weeping

i'll buy you a box of kleenex, OK?

wrote:

so, other than your assertion that it's dumb, do you have any
evidence? history is on my side, it seems

I had this conversation with an American friend once. He too said what
a waste of money with the stalling and expense and nothing gets done.

But I then pointed out the wisdom the forfathers made in having a
senate, as Canada is without one in essenace. Oh, we have a senate, but
it isn't elected, it isn't effective and is a patronage pork
appointment. Not worth more mention as the Canadian senate makes a wart
look useful.

so far you've said nothing...let's see what else you got...

But in the US, you have three effective branches, Senate, Congress and
Administration.

hey genius...i know you're not american but our constitution separates
the govt into the executive (president), the congress (senate and
house) and the judicial branches

so you're still saying nothing

It prevents any one person from being a term dictator
like the Prime Minister of Canada or the UK. There must be some
agreements between the 3 branches or the process stalls and is part of
the governemnt structure. In Canada, if the PM has a majority
governemtn or the opposition can't afford and election, he/she is in
essence a term dictator. And the results are more statism and less
value for the people. And stalling is OK to DO!!! It is a functional
part of US politics.

hey genius...even in a parliamentary democracy, elections have to be
held wthin a certain time limit. they can be called earlier, but not
later.

here in america we have fixed terms. and you still havent said why we
need a senate, given the existence of an independent judiciary. and we
already just had 6 years of GOP control of BOTH houses of congress as
well as the presidency.

If 49/51 or 50/50 or 51/49 percent of the people agree on something, the
race is tight. If 40 states want it, but 10 do not, the balance exists
to get it heard but not shoved through against the more populated
states. If it stalls, perhaps it didn't have the needed support thus is
a good thing it stalled. Stalling is the righ answer until the support
discipates or rises.

there's no reason why wyoming should have as much power as the people
of california. unless, of course, you have a problem with democracy

Might I suggest that politicial contributions by ANY organization be
outlawed as a federal crime against democracy. Put it right beside
conspiracy, extortion and fraud.

except that our courts have ruled that giving money is a form of
speech and is protected under our constitution.

that ruling happened yesterday

Sort of like forced political contributions replacing the corruption
peddling. So if a sorry assed billionaire calls up a senator or
congress person for a GM or bank style bailout, they have to think the
big picture, American people and not who is going to buy me into the seat.

Then the power will be returned to the people. Make the corruption a crime.

except you're against democracy, remember? you just said it above. you
said people in wyoming an north dakota should have the power to veto
the will of the people of CA, TX, PA, etc

Brown Wins, Democrats bit the dust Canuck57[_9_] General 144 January 28th 10 09:09 AM
River Ice Breaking 04 L D'Bonnie Tall Ship Photos 1 April 12th 08 08:35 PM
breaking news Jim General 1 February 1st 08 02:41 AM
Evinrude E-TEC wins 24 hr. race in Rouen France Billgran General 8 May 9th 06 12:55 PM
Republican Wins Ohio Congressional Race Bert Robbins General 12 August 3rd 05 05:09 PM