Default perfect car for the 'old timers' in here.

http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

"Don White" wrote in message
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

Far out... I like the colors also.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

Far out... I like the colors also.

I'd rather have a nicely restored '57 Chevy that looks like a '57 Chevy.

Don White wrote:
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

High School and cars.
I had a 56 Ford 292 white and gray.
I loved it.Friend had a blue 57 Chevy convertible, 283 four barrel,
powerglide. It had black tuck and roll. I don't think they came that way
from the factory.
I was always a little envious of his car.
I'd love to have either one today.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 9, 5:21*pm, "Don White" wrote:
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

Now, THAT is nice! Not sure if it's worth 135K though... But it is
hand made so....

lil abner wrote:
Don White wrote:
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

High School and cars.
I had a 56 Ford 292 white and gray.
I loved it.Friend had a blue 57 Chevy convertible, 283 four barrel,
powerglide. It had black tuck and roll. I don't think they came that way
from the factory.
I was always a little envious of his car.
I'd love to have either one today.

My "first" car in high school was a 1948 Willys Jeep station wagon my
father rebuilt in his shop over a winter and then sent out for
upholstery and painting. The following winter, we redid a 1953
Aero-Willys sedan. He had this "thing" for Willys vehicles. Hey, it was
much better than walking, and any parts you needed could be found at an
auto junkyard.

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jan 9, 5:21 pm, "Don White" wrote:
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

Now, THAT is nice! Not sure if it's worth 135K though... But it is
hand made so....

Rather have my 3rd car. 55' Chevy convertible. Factory stick shift. 1st
was 56 Ford Convertible. Nice looking car, but was a POS. 2nd was a 49
Chevy Coupe, that I got because guy owed me $15. Used oil drainings in it,
as it burned oil more than gas.

"Don White" wrote in message
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

Actually not a bad looking custom. Not as good as this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIuo0KIqD_E

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:55:07 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jan 9, 5:21 pm, "Don White" wrote:
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

Now, THAT is nice! Not sure if it's worth 135K though... But it is
hand made so....

Rather have my 3rd car. 55' Chevy convertible. Factory stick shift. 1st
was 56 Ford Convertible. Nice looking car, but was a POS. 2nd was a 49
Chevy Coupe, that I got because guy owed me $15. Used oil drainings in it,
as it burned oil more than gas.

Sounds like my '57 Chev after I ran it from Bismarck to Minot in one
hour flat.

Ah, to be a teenager again!
--
John H

All decisions, even those of liberals, are the result of binary thinking.
RLM RLM is offline

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:47:54 -0500, wrote:

Don White wrote:
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

High School and cars.
I had a 56 Ford 292 white and gray.

Mom had a 56 Crown Vic orange and white 292Y block 4bbl.Drove it and
eventually have to put the overhead oilers on it. Got rid of it shortly
after that. Bought a new 60 chevy convertible w/283 2bbl and slipomatic.
Low gear was like granny. I forget the real name for the trans but it was
no economy king.

I loved it.

I had a 57 Chevy Harbor Blue convertible, 283 4bbl P-glide. Two-tone blue
interior. This was the factory color interior. Heavy with the X frame to
reinforce it because it was a convertible.

The car that was fun was a White 59 chevy w/348ci w/58tri-power
progressive linkage + four speed. That truck motor would go with enough
fuel and air flow. Fuel was cheap then even though it didn't seem so at
the time.