swedishconnection

Default 20 to 30hp Johnson

I have a Johnson 20hp,1990,Two-stroke.Just run 60 hours.
To pull waterskies with my Zodiac I need 10 more hp.
Does anyone know how complicated it is to "scare" the motor to 30 hp?
How is it done?
Grateful for any tip!
matts

Bill Kiene

What is your Zodiac rated for max HP?

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"swedishconnection" wrote in message
I have a Johnson 20hp,1990,Two-stroke.Just run 60 hours.
To pull waterskies with my Zodiac I need 10 more hp.
Does anyone know how complicated it is to "scare" the motor to 30 hp?
How is it done?
Grateful for any tip!
matts

noah

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:14:53 GMT, "swedishconnection"
wrote:

I have a Johnson 20hp,1990,Two-stroke.Just run 60 hours.
To pull waterskies with my Zodiac I need 10 more hp.
Does anyone know how complicated it is to "scare" the motor to 30 hp?
How is it done?
Grateful for any tip!
matts

It may be done, but I would be reluctant to pull waterskiers with a
true Zodiac. The lack of a rigid hull or fixed keel could present a
steering (i.e. safety) issue. I wouldn't do it.

I have skied behind a 14hp when I was 10 (90lbs), and a 40hp when I
was 18 (150 lbs), but how much do your friends weigh? I wouldn't care
to try to ski behind a souped-up 20/30. Are you willing to sacrifice
your engine?
Try tubing, it's fun!

Regards,
noah
BORDEN1000

Greetings

Try getting your hands on wider skis...the more surface area the less hp needed
to get up.

I have gotten up on a slalom ski behind a john boat w/ a 20 hp, but I weighed
140 and it took a while....

bl

Tony Thomas

Not sure on that year. I know the carbs are different. The exhaust tuner
may be different along w/ the ports.
Start w/ the carb and go from there. Should get you some power anyway.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com