Default I Approve of This

Loogypicker wrote:
On Jan 11, 8:31 pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:
"Loogypicker" wrote in message

On Jan 11, 2:44 pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 20:17:01 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:
By the way, try this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDsZcLVXyn8
At least they are not a perpetrating false flag attack. They are
flying the Jolly Roger. Clearly they know they are pirates.
Also note the angle of approach on the attack and tell me who has
the
right of way when SS rams the whaler.
I think it's the boat on the right, which would be the Japanese. In
any
case, they could have made an attempt to avoid the collision, which is
required by international rules (see other post).
I hope you don't actually operate your boat
What is the significance of the area from dead ahead to 135 degrees
off your starboard beam?
*hint* If you drive a car it is the same
You can't really cite nav rules when one boat is intentionally hitting
the other. It was clear the SS pirates pursued the whalers.
BUT
In this video the SS pirate rammed the whaler on the port side. Quick
question, what color is your port running light?
That is a tip about who is the give way vessel and who is the stand on
vessel. Red says STOP before you hit me. The ONLY obligation the
whaler had was to maintain course and speed. When the overtaking
vessel, that is faster than you, rams you in the port beam it is not
easy to evade that.
They seem to take great pains to avoid hitting people with their
stink
bombs. They've never come close to hurting someone as far as I
recall.
They may be backed by some in Hollywood, but since I don't have any
"buddies" there, your comment is out of order.
I apologize You are right that was not necessary.
Actually, I do have a friend who lives in Hollywood. She's in a band.

A band of pirates? :-)
Also they forgot Newton's 3rd law. All that conservation of momentum
stuff.
A right wing freak out?
I think the first two are more applicable. Also, I think the First Law
of
Thermo is also applicable.
--
Nom=de=Plume
They forgot the law of more mass wins the crash.- Hide quoted text -

Not necessarily! Speed is an integral part in the equation, too. I
don't think torpedos are the same or greater mass than their intended
targets!!

Explosions are a factor not in the equation. But large mass wins in most
every crash. My favorite professor in engineering school always had great
questions on his tests. One of the test quesstions in Dynamics, as far as I
can remember the question, was a 3500# VW microbus loaded with hippies doing
75 mph gets in a non-elastic collision and no parts are lost with an 80,000#
semi doing 35. What is the final speed, and the velocity changes. The VW
has a 105 mph change in velocity and the truck loses 5 mph.- Hide quoted text -

Velocity has a huge part in the equation, Bill! How do you think that
a bullet gets through a piece of steel weighing any number of times
more than the bullet??

Actually, it is due to several factors, including velocity, shape and
weight of the bullet, angle of strike and material from which the bullet
or its tip are made, *and* thickness and hardness of the piece of steel.

Nothing is as easy as you'd like it to be, NotnowLoogy.

On Jan 12, 9:11*am, Harry wrote:
Loogypicker wrote:
On Jan 11, 8:31 pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:
"Loogypicker" wrote in message

On Jan 11, 2:44 pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
om...
wrote:
[...]

Nothing is as easy as you'd like it to be, NotnowLoogy.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, dummy, where did I say anything about there only being two
factors? Damn you are stupid! You do realize that you could even take
into the equation the density of the air that the bullet is travelling
through? Only a friggin' moron such as yourself would make a statement
about the materials, because only a moron would think that he's quite
bright for knowing what a high school physics student already knows.
Mechanical engineering my ass.

Harry wrote:
Loogypicker wrote:
On Jan 12, 8:24 am, John H wrote:

Explosions are a factor not in the equation. But large mass wins in
most
every crash. My favorite professor in engineering school always had
great
questions on his tests. One of the test quesstions in Dynamics, as
far as I
can remember the question, was a 3500# VW microbus loaded with
hippies doing
75 mph gets in a non-elastic collision and no parts are lost with an
80,000#
semi doing 35. What is the final speed, and the velocity changes.
The VW
has a 105 mph change in velocity and the truck loses 5 mph.
Loogy needs to read, "Run Silent, Run Deep". Although it's fiction, it
does give a decent accounting of the torpedo problems we had in the
Pacific against the Japanese. Torpedos without an explosion don't give
*nearly* the bang for the buck.

--

John, are you really trying to say that the mass is the only factor
and that the velocity of that mass doesn't do anything??? Really?

Oh boy...two of our best morons, herring and notnowloogy, locking antlers.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF WORKING TO IMPROVE REC.BOATS.

wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:22:53 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

When a boat is overtaking you and ramming your port side, it is hard
to evade.
In the first video we are talking about a boat with perhaps 3 times
the speed capability that has been harassing the Japs for a month (by
your account) so evading the collision is not even an issue.
At a certain point they just followed the strict rules of the road and
let Newton decide the fate.
If this was a SW Florida shrimper they would have sunk all the Sea
Shepard boats by now, one way or another. Since we nuked them the Japs
have become too docile for their own good.
I still say, if they want to stop the whalers, go after the Japanese
companies that send these ships put. The sailors on the ships are just
poor schmucks who are trying to make a living during hard times.

Ummm.... the WW boat that was damaged was not overtaking, which is obvious
from the vid., so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

I think you're ranting. The rules need to be followed even if you don't
agree with them.

Did you look at the SECOND video I posted?
It was a much larger ship that came up from behind and scraped the
port side of the whaler.
That was one of those attacks I have been talking about intended to
tear up equipment.

Not talking about the second ship. That's got nothing to do with the first
one, which is what you've been yammering about.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"thunder" wrote in message
t...
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:43:50 -0500, gfretwell wrote:

A say again, this foolishness will go on until somebody dies.

Not exactly the same situation, but someone already has. Remember the
sinking of the Rainbow Warrior?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking...ainbow_Warrior

I remember reading about it previously. Someone died.

--
Nom=de=Plume

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

I have an advanced degree in physics from Yale, dumfoch.

Harry, you know I'm not too bright, so you'll have to help me out a
little. It's hard for me to keep your lies straight. Isn't your advanced
degree from Yale in mechanical engineering?

In article 9e90e848-f737-4bb2-9679-cb880da1e07e@
35g2000yqa.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 12, 9:11*am, Harry wrote:
Loogypicker wrote:
On Jan 11, 8:31 pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:
"Loogypicker" wrote in message

On Jan 11, 2:44 pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
om...
wrote:
[...]

You leave my Harry alone! He likes to think that he knows everything
about every subject, it makes him feel good about himself. And when my
buddy is in a good mood, he treats me VERY well, if you get my
drift....heehee!

"Loogypicker" wrote in message
On Jan 11, 8:31 pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:
"Loogypicker" wrote in message

On Jan 11, 2:44 pm, "Bill McKee" wrote:

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message

. ..
wrote:

[...]

The weight of the ship does not matter to the bullet. The characteristics
of the metal in area of contact matter. And yes energy is related to
velocity squared. But the difference in velocity of the WW boat and the
whaler boat was negligible and in that case the weight of the boats really
matters. Plus heavy steel against carbon fiber build for light weight
strength.