Default What's the best way to cook Salmon?

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:43:27 -0400, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:13:57 -0800, "JT" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

What should I do next time around?

Make a mixture of soy sauce, dry mustard (1 teaspoon) and chopped garlic.
Marinade a filet in the mixture for 10 - 15 minutes.

Lay filet on a piece of tin foil with the edges of the tin foil folded up to
catch the juice, poor some of the marinade on the filet. Lay bacon strips on
top of the filet then sliced lemon on top of the bacon.

BBQ till flaky...

Good eats,
JT

Does the bacon get done?

I laid some bacon over a rack of ribs and did them in the crockpot with
some spices and it came out great. Used nice smoky (locally made) bacon
but it pretty much turned to mush on top...

I can't believe you're adding *more* fat to ribs!

But hey - it's tasty fat!
--

John H

"Tim" wrote in message

What should I do next time around?

Make a mixture of soy sauce, dry mustard (1 teaspoon) *and chopped garlic.
Marinade a filet in the mixture for 10 - 15 minutes.

Lay filet on a piece of tin foil with the edges of the tin foil folded up to
catch the juice, poor some of the marinade on the filet. Lay bacon strips on
top of the filet then sliced lemon on top of the bacon.

BBQ till flaky...

Good eats,
JT

Does the bacon get done?
--

John H- Hide quoted text -

Seeing you revived this old thread, John. I thought I'd tell you that
I pan fried my Salmon chunks as normal after soaking them in some
lemon juice and I crushed up my back yard 'gah-lik' and rubbed some
of that in there too. Well the gah-lik worked...'ok' , but isn't quite
as good as the store bought stuff. ie it worked in a pinch. I'd do it
again. Now the spring bulbs, I'm going to chop up some of those and
put in some meat loaf.

It'll either cure or kill ya!

We just got back from our weekend in Luray. Great time, although it was very
hot.

Glad to hear the wild stuff didn't kill you. Have you tried it in baked 'taters
yet?
--

John H
Tim Tim is offline

[...]

Not yet, but that's an idea....

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

"Tim" wrote in message

What should I do next time around?

Make a mixture of soy sauce, dry mustard (1 teaspoon) and chopped garlic.
Marinade a filet in the mixture for 10 - 15 minutes.

Lay filet on a piece of tin foil with the edges of the tin foil folded up to
catch the juice, poor some of the marinade on the filet. Lay bacon strips on
top of the filet then sliced lemon on top of the bacon.

BBQ till flaky...

Good eats,
JT

Does the bacon get done?

I laid some bacon over a rack of ribs and did them in the crockpot with
some spices and it came out great. Used nice smoky (locally made) bacon
but it pretty much turned to mush on top...

I can't believe you're adding *more* fat to ribs!

But hey - it's tasty fat!

I put a rack in the bottom of the pot and then when it's done, separate
the meat from the juice. After the juice has been cooled in the
refrigerator you can take the layer of fat off the top and re-
incorporate some of the juice back into the meat or whatever. Yeah, I
use Pork juice, everything in moderation ya' know...

You should see the parties I have catered aboard the 36' Zimmerman-like
lobsta' boat! I get some of the best chefs to do things right.

MF Salmon question krueger General 0 July 20th 07 03:30 AM
How to salmon fish Calif Bill General 0 April 10th 07 06:40 PM
MF Salmon Trip Report Randy Hodges General 2 August 27th 04 09:20 PM
Salmon Date Danno Shaffer General 0 July 26th 04 07:50 PM
Please tell me about the NY Salmon Oci-One Kanubi General 5 September 4th 03 12:30 AM