Default Kindle 1 or kindle 2

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:27:00 -0500, Jim wrote:

Anyone have one?

Wouldn't give you a dime for either one of them.

Personally, if I want to buy a book, I'll take paper instead of
plastic. I don't want some publisher deciding that I don't own the
book anymore and it gets deleted from my Kindle without even knowing
about it.

Besides, the costs are about the same for paper vs plastic anyway. So
what's the point?

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message news
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:27:00 -0500, Jim wrote:

Anyone have one?

Wouldn't give you a dime for either one of them.

Personally, if I want to buy a book, I'll take paper instead of
plastic. I don't want some publisher deciding that I don't own the
book anymore and it gets deleted from my Kindle without even knowing
about it.

Besides, the costs are about the same for paper vs plastic anyway. So
what's the point?

I kind of like the feel and the smell of a book. I like being able to thumb
through the pages, which become dog-eared after many re-reads.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Jim Jim is offline

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:27:00 -0500, Jim wrote:

Anyone have one?

Wouldn't give you a dime for either one of them.

Personally, if I want to buy a book, I'll take paper instead of
plastic. I don't want some publisher deciding that I don't own the
book anymore and it gets deleted from my Kindle without even knowing
about it.

Besides, the costs are about the same for paper vs plastic anyway. So
what's the point?

Two good points.
Do they actually delete stuff off the Kindle at their discretion?

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 07:12:48 -0500, Jim wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:27:00 -0500, Jim wrote:

Anyone have one?

Wouldn't give you a dime for either one of them.

Personally, if I want to buy a book, I'll take paper instead of
plastic. I don't want some publisher deciding that I don't own the
book anymore and it gets deleted from my Kindle without even knowing
about it.

Besides, the costs are about the same for paper vs plastic anyway. So
what's the point?

Two good points.
Do they actually delete stuff off the Kindle at their discretion?

They have in the past - Orwell's "1984" oddly enough. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/te.../18amazon.html

Electronic copyright issues are going to become the big issue in the
next couiple of years - I don't want to suddenly wake up one morning
and find a book I'm halfway through gone because some author or
publisher got a hair across.

Plus, you can't give the book away once you're done with it, sell it
to somebody else - anything.

It's not a great idea in my opinion. You may save a couple of bucks
and some time downloading, but once it's in your Kindle, then what do
you do with it?

In article ,
says...

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Your use will morph into a time based license. You may have a 90 day
license to store the author's or publisher's work on your device and
once those 90 days are up your copy self destructs, it just gets marked
as expired and is not removed. You will then be offered the ability to
renew your license for a small fee.

Plus, you can't give the book away once you're done with it, sell it
to somebody else - anything

It's not a great idea in my opinion. You may save a couple of bucks
and some time downloading, but once it's in your Kindle, then what do
you do with it?

There is nothing like grabbing the Kindle and going to the throne room.

Paper books and periodicals have a feel and a convenience.

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

I never got the whole reading in the bathroom thing. Ewwww, it's a
bathroom, people poop in there for ****'s sake! Why do you want to stay
there any longer than you have to??

On Dec 15, 10:03*am, I am Tosk
wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Cause you are full of ****, thats why, Ingerfool.

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:03:19 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Not everyone can take care of business in thirteen seconds. Just wait
until you join the Metamucil crowd. Then you'll understand.

Now that Golf Digest has gone liberal, I'll have to find something
else to put in there. Maybe Golf magazine is still a golfing magazine.
--

John H

On Dec 15, 3:30*pm, John H wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:03:19 -0500, I am Tosk

wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

John H- Hide quoted text -

Your blind hatred of anything and everything liberal is just plain sad.

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Wonder what is happening on the suit about Kindle and Orwell. Some
university student, in the middle of the semester, with all the notes
annotated for a thesis, woke up to no book or notes. He is suing. Hope he
wins big.