posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default RBP memories

The recent wave of attention here, with the familiar names (can I say
faces? :-) ) brough back many memories. Not just of the life on this
newsgroup at its heighday, with so many people of all different walks of
life and different interests as well as from different corners of the
planet, but mostly of the ease with which the interaction went. The ease
with which friendships started and the ease of meeting people from RBP IRL.

Some of those bonds of friendship that came from that interaction on
this newsgroup last until this day. I'm grateful for that.

That also brings back memories of those RBP'ers who are no longer with
us. Although one in particular touched my heart more than others, I'd
like to propose a toast to all of them: To friendships and communities,
past and present!

Looking back, it feels like Scott's death somehow made the magic of this
newsgroup disappear, which it never was able to regain. But maybe I'm
just looking at it through my own coloured glasses... :-)

As usual on this day, Carly Simon's "The right thing to do" is playing
in the background...

Happy thanksgiving!

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Nov 27, 5:04*pm, Wilko wrote:
[...]

Scott Bristow was certainly a very positive force de major on RBP.
Unlike many (me included!)

And yes, many friendships make via RBP still last. A very cool thing!

John Kuthe...

Canoe memories Frogwatch[_2_] General 1 November 18th 08 03:42 AM
Old memories CalifBill General 2 January 6th 08 05:44 PM
Ah...memories! Capt. Rob ASA 0 July 11th 06 03:13 PM
Ah, memories.... Capt. Rob ASA 17 January 30th 06 05:09 PM
Memories [email protected] General 1 March 13th 05 03:55 PM