Tinkerntom

http://www.geocities.com/rickfark/spring.html

Sounds like a great trip, I especially would like to visit Cades Cove
someday. I was named after a GGF who was named after the Cove and
Gregory being the family name. So my roots go way back there.

Europeans moved there first in the early 1800 and dispossessed the land
from the native Americans, and then less that 100 years later when
Teddy Roosevelt got the idea for the Great Smoky Mtn National Park, the
Euro's were forced out as well. It is the single greatest dispossession
of land by Euros in US history.

I guess that is my claim to fame, but you got take what you can get!

I understand that it really is beautiful there and worth the trip.

Now as far as it being so great down there in Florida, I have been
watching the Watertribe Everglades Challenge last week, and they had
some tough weather to contend with. So be honest, a bad day paddling,
is still better than a good day at work. keep on telling us. Tnt