Default Greeting foreign royalty- Didn't Bush kiss the Saudi King?

On 11/15/09 1:28 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:22:46 -0500, wrote:

In articleQd6dnR1Yeacz3p3WnZ2dnUVZ_qNi4p2d@earthlink .com,
says...

Lu Powell wrote:
Bowing to foreign royalty has been a no-no for American presidents for
over 200 years. Obama didn't bow to the Japanese emperor on November 14,
2009; he was merely checking because the emperor told him his fly was open!

I wonder what Hairy, Nom=de-Plump, et al will post to justify the bow.
Don't really care since they are banished from my computer.

It must be nice to be totally happy with being ignorant of foreign
customs, where you can criticize Obama for not being as ignorant as you are.

Typical, unfortunately.

Doesn't matter. Not ONE of them said a damned thing when Bush did his
usual foreign customs screw ups.

I recall GWB kissing and walking hand-in-hand with a Saudi royal.
Thought that was a pretty oily scene.
Doubt Obama kissed the Jap. But who knows what these pols do in
private?

--Vic

Some of them tap their feet in men's rooms...

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting your time by trying to
jps jps is offline

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:28:01 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:22:46 -0500, NowNow wrote:

In article ,
says...

Lu Powell wrote:
[...]

Golly, narry a syllable from Bad Jimmy, Herring, Jerkoff, DK, Tosk or
any of the other Obama-hating morons herein.

Did they forget about GWB kissing and holding hands? What about the
Pope? Didn't GWB wash his feet with his tongue? I'm pretty sure he
blew Tony Blair.

In article ,
om says...

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:34:38 -0500, "Lu Powell"
wrote:

"NowNow" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Lu Powell wrote:
Bowing to foreign royalty has been a no-no for American presidents for
over 200 years. Obama didn't bow to the Japanese emperor on November
14,
2009; he was merely checking because the emperor told him his fly was
open!

I wonder what Hairy, Nom=de-Plump, et al will post to justify the bow.
Don't really care since they are banished from my computer.

It must be nice to be totally happy with being ignorant of foreign
customs, where you can criticize Obama for not being as ignorant as you
are.

Typical, unfortunately.

Doesn't matter. Not ONE of them said a damned thing when Bush did his
usual foreign customs screw ups.

--
WAFA the newsgroup liar free!

Bowing to the Japanese emperor by any head of a foreign state is not
customary. Perhaps you can offer proof otherwise. Until you do, I'm calling
BS on you.

Not really sure how Bush's gaffes somehow excuses totally inappropriate
behavior by "The One".

That's called the 'Bush Rationale'. If Bush did something wrong, then
it's OK and accepted for 'Bama to do the same or worse.

The biggest problem there is even if Bush didn't do something wrong,
folks will make something up... Either way, it's just a way of
deflecting from the issue at hand... Even worse is the "Rush" rational.
If you say anything that is representative of any conservative view,
it's automatically "Rush rational". Seems only conservatives understand
that Rush isn't mainstream...
Jim Jim is offline

Lu Powell wrote:

Bowing to the Japanese emperor by any head of a foreign state is not
customary. Perhaps you can offer proof otherwise. Until you do, I'm
calling BS on you.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=51697

.... and the LA Times showed its total ignorance of Japanese culture, not
even taking time to explain "bow" protocol in Japan, which I know all
too well from my personal interest in Japanese Culture and visit to Japan.

There are three kinds of bows: the first is just about five degrees and
is a greeting for friends; the second is about 10 degrees and is for a
boss or senior in business; but the third one is at a full 15 degrees
and is reserved for heads of state or The Emperor.

Obama's 15 degree bow to The Emperor of Japan was correct.

Not really sure how Bush's gaffes somehow excuses totally inappropriate
behavior by "The One".

There are many opinions, and it seems that the right wing thinks the US
bows to no one (Bowing is showing respect in many cultures.)

This was Bush 50% of the time the other 50 he was holding hands with the
Saudi King.

Hard to tell just what the right wingers want, but following other
cultural guidelines seems to mean little.

There are many opinions, and it seems that the right wing thinks the US
bows to no one (Bowing is showing respect in many cultures.)

A polite bow followed by "yessa massa". is a proper sign of respect. I
agree.
Holding hands is another story.

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:48:59 -0800, Jim wrote:

Hard to tell just what the right wingers want, but following other
cultural guidelines seems to mean little.

IMO showing respect does nothing to lessen one's own stature.
And I have no problem with Bush kissing and holding hands with the
Saudi. This is the only way to express those inclinations over there,
since being queer is a capital offense.
Some might argue that the Saudis were behind 9/11, and be ****ed by
Bush's show of affection.
Saudi Arabia is still the fount of Wahhabism.

Here's the current bill we owe Japan.

http://www.treas.gov/tic/mfh.txt

Best to show some respect to creditors.
Don't want them calling in the debt.
Might not matter to a deadbeat full of false pride though.

--Vic