posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default New adventure

I took my sit-on-top kayak and put it in my back pond and paddled a
good 100 yds (that's several kilometers in metric) through the
duckweed and algae. It isn't Wilko sized but at least it is a trip
report, of sorts.
posted to rec.boats.paddle

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
I took my sit-on-top kayak and put it in my back pond and paddled a
good 100 yds (that's several kilometers in metric) through the
duckweed and algae. It isn't Wilko sized but at least it is a trip
report, of sorts.

LOL! We've got a couple of ponds in our pasture - the big one is, oh, maybe
150' by 50', a little bigger in the rainy season. 'Bout a foot and a half
deep except for the "deep end" where it *might* make it to three feet in
really wet weather.

I've started several kids out on it - it's a trip of sorts... ;D

Cricket

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Nov 5, 5:05*pm, "Cricket" wrote:
"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message

I took my sit-on-top kayak and put it in my back pond and paddled a
good 100 yds (that's several kilometers in metric) through the
duckweed and algae. *It isn't Wilko sized but at least it is a trip
report, of sorts.

LOL! *We've got a couple of ponds in our pasture - the big one is, oh, maybe
150' by 50', a little bigger in the rainy season. 'Bout a foot and a half
deep except for the "deep end" where it *might* make it to three feet in
really wet weather.

I've started several kids out on it - it's a trip of sorts... ;D

Cricket

First place I ever paddled my own kayak was the flooded parking lot of
the livery from which I had just purchased a used Kiwi Kopapa, my
first kayak!

Midwest flood of 1993! :-)

John Kuthe...

Tom's big adventure Don White General 3 August 27th 07 10:58 AM
It's not just a job, It's an Adventure Joe ASA 1 December 6th 05 01:06 AM
Off to adventure... katy ASA 54 November 1st 05 12:23 PM
FS: Adventure books Anne General 1 May 1st 04 06:53 AM
FS: Adventure books Anne Whitewater 1 May 1st 04 06:53 AM