Default Gotta love 'em!

Rodriguez, Yankees beat Phils for 3-1 Series edge

PHILADELPHIA – Alex Rodriguez waited all game long for this hit. Heck,
he waited his whole life. Rodriguez delivered the biggest hit of his
career, a go-ahead, two-out double in the ninth inning off Brad Lidge
and the New York Yankees took advantage of Johnny Damon's daring dash to
beat the Philadelphia Phillies 7-4 on Sunday night for a 3-1 lead in the
World Series.

Derek Jeter came through again and Mariano Rivera finished it off as the
Yankees moved within one win of that elusive 27th championship and first
since 2000.

Rodriguez could really savor this victory — seething after again being
hit by a pitch, he struck back with his potent black bat.

"There's no question — I've never had a bigger hit," Rodriguez said.

The Yankees will try to close out the defending champions Monday night
when A.J. Burnett faces October ace Cliff Lee.

Of the 42 teams to take a 3-1 lead in the World Series, 36 went on to
win the crown. The last club to overcome such a deficit was Kansas City
in 1985.

- - -

The Yanks aren't my team, but since my team ain't in the series, I'm
rooting for the Yanks.
Jim Jim is offline

H the K wrote:

[...]

I'm sure they appreciate your support.

I rate baseball right up there with golf as a spectator sport.

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 08:29:45 -0500, Jim wrote:

H the K wrote:

[...]

You would have gotten a lot of chuckles if you'd watched me play
today!

H the K wrote:

[...]

I thought you hated sports. That's was the HK FAQ says.

-S

In article ,
says...

H the K wrote:

[...]

That was last week, try to keep up...

--
Wafa free again.

On 11/2/09 8:24 PM, Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

H the K wrote:

[...]

I've stated any number of times here that the only pro team sport I like
is baseball, and I'm not that big a fan.

You could get a job at the ball game, picking up litter, and start to
pay off your hospital debt.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 21:33:54 -0500, H the K
wrote:

On 11/2/09 8:24 PM, Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

H the K wrote:

[...]

He'd have to be able to twist the cap off a beer or throw peanuts to
get hired at the ballpark. Plus, make change. Forget it.

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:55:55 -0800, jps wrote:

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 21:33:54 -0500, H the K
wrote:

On 11/2/09 8:24 PM, Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

H the K wrote:

[...]

Do you ever worry that Harry might make a sharp turn and bust your
nose right off?

H the K wrote:
On 11/2/09 8:24 PM, Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

H the K wrote:

[...]

Baseball? Learn about football and basketball and you will enjoy two
exciting, fast action, sports. My least favorite is hockey. Those 2-1
final scores are thrillers. I can't even acknowledge soccer as a sport
- 0-0 to finish with a shootout? Boring...

-S

In article ,
says...

H the K wrote:
On 11/2/09 8:24 PM, Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

H the K wrote:

[...]

What are you talking about? Soccer is fast, exciting, exhilarating,
suspenseful, edge of your seat... and then theres that whole 89 minutes
of total boredom... LOL

--
Wafa free again.

Gotta love Joe... H the K[_2_] General 0 October 24th 09 03:11 AM
Gotta love... HK General 15 December 31st 07 01:53 AM
You gotta love it... Don White General 62 April 25th 06 08:35 PM
Ya gotta love it! Bobsprit ASA 0 October 14th 03 03:13 AM
Ya gotta love it! Scott Vernon ASA 12 July 23rd 03 05:48 PM