Default More Global Warming morons...

"People will need to consider turning vegetarian if the world is to
conquer climate change, according to a leading authority on global
warming."

"He predicted that people’s attitudes would evolve until meat eating
became unacceptable. “I think it’s important that people think about
what they are doing and that includes what they are eating,” he said.
“I am 61 now and attitudes towards drinking and driving have changed
radically since I was a student. People change their notion of what is
responsible. They will increasingly ask about the carbon content of
their food.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6891362.ece

What next - taxes on farts?
Jim Jim is offline

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
"People will need to consider turning vegetarian if the world is to
conquer climate change, according to a leading authority on global
warming."

"He predicted that people’s attitudes would evolve until meat eating
became unacceptable. “I think it’s important that people think about
what they are doing and that includes what they are eating,” he said.
“I am 61 now and attitudes towards drinking and driving have changed
radically since I was a student. People change their notion of what is
responsible. They will increasingly ask about the carbon content of
their food.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6891362.ece

What next - taxes on farts?

Since Donnie has a keen interest in same, let's appoint him special tax
collector.
mgg mgg is offline

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
"People will need to consider turning vegetarian if the world is to
conquer climate change, according to a leading authority on global
warming."

"He predicted that people's attitudes would evolve until meat eating
became unacceptable. "I think it's important that people think about
what they are doing and that includes what they are eating," he said.
"I am 61 now and attitudes towards drinking and driving have changed
radically since I was a student. People change their notion of what is
responsible. They will increasingly ask about the carbon content of
their food."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6891362.ece

What next - taxes on farts?

Them cattle sure do fart alot. So do horses for that matter, but we don't
generally eat them here in the States. Maybe we should outlaw horse racing
and rodeos as well??

--Mike

jps jps is offline

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:01:11 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

"People will need to consider turning vegetarian if the world is to
conquer climate change, according to a leading authority on global
warming."

"He predicted that people’s attitudes would evolve until meat eating
became unacceptable. “I think it’s important that people think about
what they are doing and that includes what they are eating,” he said.
“I am 61 now and attitudes towards drinking and driving have changed
radically since I was a student. People change their notion of what is
responsible. They will increasingly ask about the carbon content of
their food.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6891362.ece

What next - taxes on farts?

The resource required to grow a pound of beef is a bad investment. The
beef industry is responsible for helping to deplete a large water
reserve under the central US, is responsible for generating huge
amounts of methane (which efficient farmers are now using to create
power).

Commonly known facts:

"To make a single pound of meat requires 16 pounds of grain and 2,500
gallons of water. The animal agriculture industry consumes 80% of all
plant life grown on this planet for consumption. Oftentimes they are
staple crops like corn, soy and grains, which provides double the
environmental strain (or 16 times the environmental strain,
statistically, than choosing the vegetarian option). 16 times the
chemical fertilizers and pesticides, and all the pollution associated
with transport of those grains and then transport of the meat as
well."

It's inefficient in a big way.

Do you have an argument with this?

jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

BTW, farts won't be taxed progressively so the fact that you're an old
fart won't be held against you.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
"People will need to consider turning vegetarian if the world is to
conquer climate change, according to a leading authority on global
warming."

"He predicted that people's attitudes would evolve until meat eating
became unacceptable. "I think it's important that people think about
what they are doing and that includes what they are eating," he said.
"I am 61 now and attitudes towards drinking and driving have changed
radically since I was a student. People change their notion of what is
responsible. They will increasingly ask about the carbon content of
their food."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6891362.ece

What next - taxes on farts?

Actually, it's a pretty well-known fact that it would be environmentally
smarter to eat your veggi-burger in a Humvee than eat a meat-burger in a
Prius.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:

[...]

Now that's funny!

--
Nom=de=Plume

Jim Jim is offline

nom=de=plume wrote:
[...]

Please provide a source for your well known fact. Or is this just
another of your brain farts? Lol lol
Jim Jim is offline

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message

BTW, farts won't be taxed progressively so the fact that you're an old
fart won't be held against you.

Now that's funny!

Really?

Global warming Gordon Cruising 52 January 25th 09 07:19 PM
So much for global warming . . . Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Cruising 135 January 18th 09 01:20 PM
Global warming? Calif Bill General 23 August 27th 08 01:54 PM
More on Global Warming RJSmithers General 63 April 10th 07 08:18 PM
First global warming, now this!!! Gilligan ASA 0 November 4th 06 07:34 PM