Default Guy makes a little whiskey and the Feds...

jump all over him.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/6172139/

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
jump all over him.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/6172139/

Well, 929 gallons isn't really a lot for personal consumption for some
folks, is it? I wonder if that applies to the whole family tree, or just
the maker of said shine.

Steve

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
jump all over him.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/6172139/

The Nance clan of Wilkes County, NC have been moonshiners since there was a
Nance in Wilkes County.

Their older generation probably taught Junior Johnson, Sr. how to outrun the
Revenuers.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
jump all over him.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/6172139/

They been picking on untaxed hooch for ever. My grandfather made some hooch
during prohibition. My dad got arrested when he was 17 running the family
still. He said mostly they bought pure alky in Canada in 2.5 gallon tins
and manufactured the bourbon with brown sugar molasses and olive oil. If he
had been italian instead of Irish, Dutch we would have been a lot richer.

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 21:35:00 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

jump all over him.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/6172139/

Damn shame. That's what happens to small businesses in this economy.
Now, if we had 'free' health insurance....

In article ,
says...

wrote:

jump all over him.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/6172139/

That is the Mecca of white lightnin'. He was probably one of the
bigger fish of an enormous school. Apparently, we need fewer Feds or
they need more to do... like do something about illegals, gangs, and
*real* problems....

Illegals and gangs don't immediately cut into the Feds revenue stream.

If they made drugs legal then the Feds would leave the backyard brewers
alone.