Default Let the whining begin!

"jps" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:35:45 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 21:49:41 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Oct 9, 8:12 pm, TopBassDog wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7x-dzXVcOw

And the liberals had great fun when Saturday Night Live sported the
Republicans.

Now the tables turn.

Well, you gotta admit, there's proof that SNL doesn't discriminate.

I thought they did a good job. If the President can't take some
spoofing,
he's got even bigger problems. Reminds me of that dinner during the
campaign
with McCain and Obama. McCain was a lot funnier.

Disagree. McCain is the more natural comedian perhaps. Obama
delivered well and his timing was good. The car salesman bit was
great, "I'm a little too awesome" was as well. They both had some
great moments. McCain got points for being good while getting his
clock cleaned.

Well, I laughed more when McCain was talking. (No, his jokes not his about
to lose big time.) He also recently said that he was glad Obama won the
Nobel prize, and we should all be proud. It makes me think he's not so
terribly bad. I had a lot of respect for him before the race, then lost it
during the race. Seems like he's slowly getting back in my good graces.
lol

He's an okay guy. I always admired him. Sacrificed some of his
character and integrity in order to try and win. I understand the
dilemma but he did make some outrageous decisions.

The buck stopped where it should have.

I did too from everything I read about what he went through and what he did.
He's certainly not perfect, as was shown. Of course, ambition is a tough
thing to deal with sometimes. It clouds judgement and common sense, or at
least has the potential to do so.

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps jps is offline

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:28:09 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

His dlilemma was to either take his lumps and go quietly or take some
risks and partner with a "maverick" (which seems to be synonomous with
insane) from Alaska. His choice to suspend his campaign to address
the financial crisis was another doozy.

These were desperate acts meant to upset what seemed au fait acompli.

I understand the need to pull this kind of crap since the folks
surrounding him were obviously asking if he were in the race to win or
go gracefully into the night...

Desperation won out.

On Oct 11, 11:44*pm, jps wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:28:09 -0700, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
.. .

wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

Un grand abus du Français de langue. Un imbécile vous êtes !

"jps" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:28:09 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:35:45 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

He could have taken the high road and had a meaningful debate with Obama. He
also seemed to come off the track big time with Palin and suspending the
campaign (except that he didn't do the latter). It just created even more
doubt, and Obama rightly slammed him when he said presidents should be able
to do more than one thing at a time.

These were desperate acts meant to upset what seemed au fait acompli.

I understand the need to pull this kind of crap since the folks
surrounding him were obviously asking if he were in the race to win or
go gracefully into the night...

Desperation won out.

It was too bad. I think he had a (remote) chance at the beginning when Obama
got the nomination.

--
Nom=de=Plume