jps jps is offline

Default Breaking News!!

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:25:18 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

But just in case, no, I don't feel he earned it.

"...and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the
best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or
reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of
peace congresses.

Who would you put before Obama using the above definition?

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:01:37 -0400, Tosk
wrote:

In article , says...

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 18:01:30 -0400, H K
wrote:

On 10/9/09 5:57 PM, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
BREAKING NOW: Barack Obama nominated for Motor Trend's Car of the
Year!

Also Breaking: Barack Obama nominated for an Oscar in the category of
Not Making A Oscar Award Caliber Movie, But He Could If He Wanted To.

Shimon Peres, president of Israel, on the news that Barack Obama has won
the Nobel Peace Prize:

"Very few leaders if at all were able to change the mood of the entire
world in such a short while with such a profound impact. You provided
the entire humanity with fresh hope, with intellectual determination,
and a feeling that there is a lord in heaven and believers on earth".

Huh? You buying into this religious stuff?
What's next, the Taliban praising the award?
Don't get me wrong. I think Obama will do fine, and has leavened
judgement.
But the only reason for him winning the Peace prize was to **** off
Tom and the Reps.
I'm just trying to figure out how MSNBC fixed the vote.
The whole thing is pretty ****ing stupid from any objective viewpoint.
Besides, the Reps need to regain their sanity.
This only drives them further over the cliff.

--Vic

So, you as a formerly fair minded individual feel that Obama "earned" the award??

Why do you say that, when everything I've said about the issue points
in the other direction?
Don't let your knees do your typing.

wrote:

But just in case, no, I don't feel he earned it.

"...and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the
best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or
reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of
peace congresses.

Who would you put before Obama using the above definition?

Don't know. Tom posted some that may be worthy.
Point is, Obama doesn't qualify using the above criteria.
"Fraternity between nations?"
Is that like coalition of the willing? hehe.
"Abolition of standing armies?"
Nope.
"peace congresses?"
Nope.
Hey, I don't care that he got the award. But I bet Obama was ****ed.

--Vic

wrote:

But just in case, no, I don't feel he earned it.

"...and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the
best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or
reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of
peace congresses.

Who would you put before Obama using the above definition?

Dumb question. When selected, 'Bama HAD NOT DONE ANYTHING!

jps jps is offline

wrote:

But just in case, no, I don't feel he earned it.

"...and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the
best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or
reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of
peace congresses.

Who would you put before Obama using the above definition?

Don't know. Tom posted some that may be worthy.
Point is, Obama doesn't qualify using the above criteria.
"Fraternity between nations?"
Is that like coalition of the willing? hehe.
"Abolition of standing armies?"
Nope.
"peace congresses?"
Nope.
Hey, I don't care that he got the award. But I bet Obama was ****ed.

--Vic

Yes, another thing the lunatics on the right can blame on Obama.

Receiving a peace award.

Remember they also gave it to Arafat. Sometimes it's given to
inspire, Obama was smart enough to position it as such.

wrote:

[...]

Even Pres. Obama doesn't feel he deserves it. So, what is the right
screaming about? I don't get it.

--
Nom=de=Plume

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Cool, I must have understood wrong... sorry man...

On Oct 12, 9:39*pm, Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Breaking News: Maryland's new Miss Congeniality named. GC Boater General 0 March 29th 09 11:26 PM
breaking news Jim General 1 February 1st 08 02:41 AM
Attn: Flat earth society members! Breaking news! mr.b Cruising 6 April 4th 07 10:25 PM
rowboats news bot tracks breaking rowboat news [email protected] General 0 December 7th 05 07:29 PM
Breaking News! Yachtsman General 3 April 28th 04 05:14 PM