Jim Jim is offline

Default ACORN Tactics

I saw a big sign on a very hot day recently, in a busy public place:
"Republicans Register to Vote Here." A black guy with dreadlocks stood
behind the table.

There was a cooler of sports drinks, and energy bars. I sat on the wall
and talked to the guy. If someone registered as a Republican they got a
cold drink and an energy bar.

He told me he's homeless and was picked up at a homeless shelter, as
were many others, to help register Republicans. He told me he got paid
for each Republican he registered.

I asked him about registering Democratic. No, you don't get a drink or
energy bar. You can register, but he wasn't getting paid for that.

I asked him if there was ever a few phonies thrown in to increase his
pay. "Ya, we all do it." They catch most phonies eventually, but since
they are paid daily, they don't have enough time to check.

The Internet is full of similar stories. Yes Acorn probably did hire
some questionable people to register people and they probably threw in a
few phonies to increase their pay.

Outrage against Acorn is easy to find, where's the outrage against
rewarding people to register Republican?

http://www.thenewmajority.com/oc/imp...xwze3sf4fstvun

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...6-county-votes

Baugh worked with the New Majority – a group of millionaire Republican
businesspeople – to fund a massive registration drive in which hired
hands were paid for each Republican they signed up. That drive was
especially effective because many of those "bounty hunters" were already
setting up in front of stores to collect signatures for the numerous
Republican-supported initiative petitions circulating last year.

On Oct 7, 12:20*pm, Jim wrote:

Outrage against Acorn is easy to find, where's the outrage against
rewarding people to register Republican?

what? WHAT??? republicans CHEAT?

who knew?!
Jim Jim is offline

wf3h wrote:
On Oct 7, 12:20 pm, Jim wrote:

Outrage against Acorn is easy to find, where's the outrage against
rewarding people to register Republican?

what? WHAT??? republicans CHEAT?

who knew?!

Questionable tactics are ok when it's your side, but if anyone else is
accused of the same thing, they make an hours expose on it and call the
organization a criminal enterprise.

Did Acorn pay for Democratic voters? If so it isn't like the
Republicans don't pay for Republican voters.

Can we expect Fox News to do an expose on the New Majority's
registration tactics?
Jim Jim is offline

Jim wrote:
[...]

Mo
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=6534

. . . this isn't the first time there have been serious problems with
GOP-gathered voter registrations in CA, as outlined recently at
Alternet. Looks like the GOP's voter registration record for errors far
outpaced ACORN! Whaddaya know? (Our special coverage of the GOP's ACORN
"Voter Fraud" Hoax is right here.http://www.bradblog.com/?page_id=6500)

All of which proves only that the Republican noise making machine does a
very good job of manipulating their followers to believe what they want
you to believe.

No noise making machine on the other side on the same scale.

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:46:20 -0700, Jim wrote:

No noise making machine on the other side on the same scale.

Dems don't have their own cable TV muckraking network.
Closest is MSNBC, but it's not as pure as Fox, what with the likes of
Joe Scarborough hosting a show, and regular guests like Buchanan
and other conservative spokespeople.
When Fox gets hold of a subject, it's hammered on show after show.
Noisemaking machines need a strategic purpose, and the managerial
guidance to stay on message.
Fox does it best by far.

--Vic

jps jps is offline

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 14:14:36 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:46:20 -0700, Jim wrote:

No noise making machine on the other side on the same scale.

Dems don't have their own cable TV muckraking network.
Closest is MSNBC, but it's not as pure as Fox, what with the likes of
Joe Scarborough hosting a show, and regular guests like Buchanan
and other conservative spokespeople.
When Fox gets hold of a subject, it's hammered on show after show.
Noisemaking machines need a strategic purpose, and the managerial
guidance to stay on message.
Fox does it best by far.

--Vic

Well said.

That the right doesn't understand the lack of equivalency is not a
surprise. Double standards are among their strong suits.

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:20:07 -0700, Jim wrote:

I saw a big sign on a very hot day recently, in a busy public place:
"Republicans Register to Vote Here." A black guy with dreadlocks stood
behind the table.

There was a cooler of sports drinks, and energy bars. I sat on the wall
and talked to the guy. If someone registered as a Republican they got a
cold drink and an energy bar.

He told me he's homeless and was picked up at a homeless shelter, as
were many others, to help register Republicans. He told me he got paid
for each Republican he registered.

I asked him about registering Democratic. No, you don't get a drink or
energy bar. You can register, but he wasn't getting paid for that.

I asked him if there was ever a few phonies thrown in to increase his
pay. "Ya, we all do it." They catch most phonies eventually, but since
they are paid daily, they don't have enough time to check.

If they are registering phonies, as Acorn has done for years all over
the country, then yes, I'm outraged.

But, if they're getting some money to stand and register legitimate
voters, I have no problem with that. Hell, lobbyists make a hell of a
lot more money and they're buying congress critters.

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:33:17 -0700, Jim wrote:

wf3h wrote:
On Oct 7, 12:20 pm, Jim wrote:

Outrage against Acorn is easy to find, where's the outrage against
rewarding people to register Republican?

what? WHAT??? republicans CHEAT?

who knew?!

Questionable tactics are ok when it's your side, but if anyone else is
accused of the same thing, they make an hours expose on it and call the
organization a criminal enterprise.

Did Acorn pay for Democratic voters? If so it isn't like the
Republicans don't pay for Republican voters.

Can we expect Fox News to do an expose on the New Majority's
registration tactics?

Is the New Majority being taken to court in a few dozen different
cases?

If the New Majority is pushing for fraudulent voter registration then
they should be hung out to dry!

wrote:

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:46:20 -0700, Jim wrote:

No noise making machine on the other side on the same scale.

Dems don't have their own cable TV muckraking network.
Closest is MSNBC, but it's not as pure as Fox, what with the likes of
Joe Scarborough hosting a show, and regular guests like Buchanan
and other conservative spokespeople.
When Fox gets hold of a subject, it's hammered on show after show.
Noisemaking machines need a strategic purpose, and the managerial
guidance to stay on message.
Fox does it best by far.

--Vic

What?

Fox is the answer to NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and especially, CNN. The
difference is that as far as news goes, Fox is fair and balanced. They
report, you decide.

Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity are not the 'news'.

On 10/7/09 7:22 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

wrote:

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:46:20 -0700, wrote:

No noise making machine on the other side on the same scale.

Dems don't have their own cable TV muckraking network.
Closest is MSNBC, but it's not as pure as Fox, what with the likes of
Joe Scarborough hosting a show, and regular guests like Buchanan
and other conservative spokespeople.
When Fox gets hold of a subject, it's hammered on show after show.
Noisemaking machines need a strategic purpose, and the managerial
guidance to stay on message.
Fox does it best by far.

--Vic

What?

Fox is the answer to NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and especially, CNN. The
difference is that as far as news goes, Fox is fair and balanced. They
report, you decide.

Haven't watched NBC, CBS, ABC network news in years.
Only reason I know they exist is all the crying about them I hear on
Fox. Sometimes here too. Think they're called MSM.
Fox has a right agenda. It's no more "fair and balanced" than the
others.
Thankfully, all viewpoints/facts can be found if you look around.
THEN you decide.

Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity are not the 'news'.

You tell me what is the "news" on the Fox News channel.
It's mostly talking political heads like the other channels.
Shep Smith?
He's the only "balanced" guy on the whole damn network.
Everybody else pretty much keeps to the script.
Heard he's gay too, but I don't know, so I can't say.
Won't even mention it.

--Vic

Gay-er than, say, Glenn Beck?

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

Democrats use Neo-Nazi tactics Hero In A Half Shell General 2 September 17th 08 07:08 PM
teams racing tactics doug General 2 May 11th 06 03:25 PM
OT MORE of BushCo's Propaganda tactics [email protected] General 0 October 18th 05 07:55 PM
Racing tactics with GPS - help please. Amanda General 8 June 18th 04 03:48 AM
OT GOP Smear tactics Jim General 17 February 13th 04 04:32 AM