Default Local boy wins Nobel prize..additional

On 10/7/09 12:27 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
On Oct 7, 7:13 am, John wrote:
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 23:21:19 -0300, "Don White"

wrote:

"John wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:13:23 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

Photography fans should be interested....
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9013533.html

Thank God for the good ol' USA, huh?

"Three years later, he went to work for the world-famous Bell Labs in
New Jersey, where he and Mr. Smith invented the ground-breaking
technology - back in 1969."

So, Don, what about that sociable deal I offered. You've not replied.

First I'd like to see you cleanup your own act and the behaviour of the
Dopey Army enlisted.
That would prove that you're serious and not just playing your usual games.

As you've said before, we can be responsible only for ourselves. I'll
start by not insulting you in this post.

Now, deal or no deal. It should be an easy choice, and it would help
clean up the group.

'Dopey Army enlisted' has meaning only to you.

Inventing the CCD, that is quite an achievement. Today, amateur
astronomers using cooled CCD cameras can do what only professionals
could do 20 years ago. The software sold for amateur astronomy ccd
work is really amazing.
I have gotten into CCD cameras to be used as x-ray detectors and they
are kinda interesting. Just bought a $7300 6 mm X 25 mm CCD chip with
4 stage cooling to get to -70C. It also has a $4200 controller. NO
WARRANTY because we want it without the window it normally has.
Our device actually will produce "X-ray Vision" but that means
something different from the way it sounds. What it will see is an x-
ray spectral image where various elements (iron, Titanium, Silicon,
etc) produce a different color on the image plane so you get an
elemental map of the subject.

Sounds like it'll be helpful on your $16.95 boat.

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:27:13 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

On Oct 7, 7:13*am, John H wrote:
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 23:21:19 -0300, "Don White"

wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

It would be interesting to see some of the equipment you work with.
Right now I get all excited by my golf cart, which is not quite as
high tech as some of the stuff you've mentioned.

Take some pics and post them over there so we can see this stuff !

Don White wrote:
wrote:

Photography fans should be interested....
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9013533.html
Thank God for the good ol' USA, huh?

"Three years later, he went to work for the world-famous Bell Labs in
New Jersey, where he and Mr. Smith invented the ground-breaking
technology – back in 1969."

So, Don, what about that sociable deal I offered. You've not replied.

Doesn't he have to get approval from WAFA?

What would Margaret say about your actions in here?
Does she give her approval?

I fetched her some beer, dummy. Where do you get this stuff? American
television?

Scientist fired by Bush Admin wins Nobel Prize H the K[_2_] General 8 October 6th 09 04:06 PM
How very nobel. Boater General 75 October 17th 08 09:01 PM
Gore Wins Nobel Price Prize HK General 180 October 18th 07 12:55 AM
Nobel Prize in Physics Gilligan ASA 7 October 4th 06 08:32 PM
A future Nobel prize winner on a former winner JAXAshby Cruising 2 March 29th 04 04:12 AM