Jim Jim is offline

Default Stand up Paddling

Anyone besides me watch these guys wondering what could possibly be the
next big trend?

Is stand up paddling really that much fun?

"Jim" wrote in message
m...
Anyone besides me watch these guys wondering what could possibly be the
next big trend?

Is stand up paddling really that much fun?

I tried it last summer... it was interesting but I wouldn't call it a hoot
and a half.

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps jps is offline

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:32:02 -0700, Jim wrote:

Anyone besides me watch these guys wondering what could possibly be the
next big trend?

Is stand up paddling really that much fun?

I watch folks doing it on the canal outside our office and I cannot
understand the attraction. It's a slow ride and the balance looks
precarious. It's popularity must be based on marketing people looking
for another outlet for boards, paddles and wetsuits.

On Sep 24, 9:16*pm, jps wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:32:02 -0700, Jim wrote:
Anyone besides me watch these guys wondering what could possibly be the
next big trend?

Is stand up paddling really that much fun?

I watch folks doing it on the canal outside our office and I cannot
understand the attraction. *It's a slow ride and the balance looks
precarious. *It's popularity must be based on marketing people looking
for another outlet for boards, paddles and wetsuits.

A new sport, water walking.
OK, put yourself inside a big plastic bubble and walk on water.
Imagine a large blow-up plastic disc 2' thick whose edge contacts the
water. That is, it floats on its edge. You get inside and walk on
the circumference propelling it across the water. Difficulty of
walking would depend on the "flexibility" of the edge.
Now, being inside such a thing, you'd die of heatstroke unless the
water was very cold, hmmmmmmmmm, now that is an idea for getting
around on cold water. However, could you make it non-inflatable so
you'd have air flow and could enjoy the outdoors?

In article 3501d6e6-085c-4312-9212-
,
says...

On Sep 24, 9:16*pm, jps wrote:
[...]

You could have holes through the sides.. The inside could be covered in
a mesh so you don't step into the holes...

--
Dad loves his family, and he was a soldier. He wanted us all to remember
that...

Stand-up Paddling: Fun! (but seems to take more effort) Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) General 2 October 29th 08 11:54 PM
What does asa in alt.sailing.asa stand for. Wilbur Hubbard ASA 3 February 23rd 07 02:26 PM
stand four-square Joe ASA 49 December 21st 06 08:03 PM
STAND BY ONE..... Capt.Mooron ASA 3 April 7th 06 02:16 AM
So what does the asa stand for? Bob ASA 7 February 15th 06 03:19 AM