Doug Kanter

Default Labs on board

"noah" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:49:16 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
. com...

When all other friends
desert, he remains."

...and digs up your garden, barks until the neighbors are ready to kill

you,
greets visitors by jumping on their car doors and scratching them, craps
anywhere it pleases, and generally smells like a kitchen trash can full

of
chicken wrappers that nobody bothered to take out to the garbage can.

You're just jealous that *you* can't get away with all that stuff!!
)
noah

Well....I *did* hump my neighbor's mailbox yesterday.

Doug Kanter

"Wildest Dream" wrote in message
. net...
where doe's the dog go to the bathroom on the boat? I had mine on board
acually my wife's dog and my daughter put him in the cabin and thank god

she
put down a towel cause he went right in the middle of the floor and

tracked
it all over the towel.

If it's your wife's dog, how come SHE didn't clean up after the silly
creature???

Curtis CCR

"Kevin Anderson" wrote in message .net...
The pet stores sell those "wee wee" pads for training puppies. They are
pretty large.

Our dogs would use the "wee-wee" pads. Scotch, being a decent sized
male that pee'd without squatting, would sometimes miss the pad.
However he seldom ended up in that situation - both of our dogs could
go several hours between "bio breaks". There were times we would
force him outside because he would go so long without "asking". When
the weather was bad he would look out the door and retreat as if to
say, "I can hold it until it stops raining." We would order him out
sometimes...

"Look! You've been in the house for 10 hours! That can't be healthy!
Now go OUTSIDE and pee on something!"

We dinghyed the dogs to shore four or five times a day when we were
out on the hook or something. Sounds like a lot, but over a 24 hour
period, it isn't that bad. First thing in the morning, a couple of
times during the day, and then a trip before bedtime. That doesn't
work, of course, if you are too far from shore or conditions make
going in the dinghy a little risky (under those conditions - there
wouldn't likely be people swimming around the boat so I wouldn't be
too concered about washing anything overboard).

I don't have any heartache with picking up the solid waste and putting
it down the head. I don't think dog crap has any detrimental effect
on my lectra-san. Peggy will probably pipe up now and ruin my day -
there's probably something in dog crap that will make my lectra san
run backward or something.... with my luck. :-)

If you are not willing to deal with this, don't take your dog boating.
In fact, if you are not willing to deal with cleaning up after you
dog, please don't take it anywhere. Parks, sidewalks, highway
reststops, wherever - you should be cleaning up after you dog no
matter where you take it. Why should it be any different on your
boat. Heck! we have a baby on the way. Starting in January, cleaning
up after a dog is going to seem like a pretty light chore.

We are dogless right now. We lost our 14 year old keeshond on
February, and our briard in June at 12 years. I have told my wife
that I really don't miss cleaning up the yard every other day. That
doesn't keep us from wanting another dog - but I think I will lobby
for only having one.

"Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed Beauty
without Vanity, Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity,
and all the Virtues of Man without his Vices. This praise, which
would be unmeaning Flattery, if inscribed over human ashes, is but
just a Tribute to the Memory of BOTSWAIN, a dog." – John Cam
Hobhouse

"Wildest Dream" wrote in message
. net...
where doe's the dog go to the bathroom on the boat? I had mine on board
acually my wife's dog and my daughter put him in the cabin and thank god

she
put down a towel cause he went right in the middle of the floor and

tracked
it all over the towel. I prut him in the water and washed him up and threw
out the towel. Tried him one more time and he crapped on the swim

platform,
he's getting closer to where I want it , off the boat. I hated to have to
clean that up for all the world to see, than I had the smell in the

garbage,
I would have trown it in the water put too many people around and in my

boat
were swimming in the water. He now stays home. P.S. I have fish.