Doug Kanter

Default Labs on board

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Dogs. Bah.

Ooooh. As un-American a statement as I've read here.

Woof.

Harry, you'd sing a different song if you spent upward of 20 hours a week
creating a garden to die for. According to our local incompetent dog
catcher, there are 17 registered dogs within a block of my house. I've
counted 10 different strays on any given weekend. So, 59% of dog owners in
my 'hood aren't qualified to own the animals. That's where my attitude comes
from.

Curtis CCR

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Let's see.....dog or woman....dog or woman...dog or woman.....the dog

has
bathroom habits like a baby....the woman does not. Can't kiss the dog

unless
I'm crazy. Hmmm....I'll take the dog.

I just don't get this dog thing.
Wait just a minute there. You've never kissed a dog? I mean a dog of the
canine variety? What kind of man are you?

I realize that a large segment of the population thinks it's cute to be
licked on the face by an animal that licks its own ass, any other dog's ass,
and any pile of **** if finds on the curb, but I just cannot get excited
about it.

I'll tell ya what's fun, though: When I'm gardening and a dog-bot stops
their beast to do its business on my lawn, I get within 10 ft the dog, hold
the pitch pork menacingly, and politely ask if they could be sure to NEVER
stop the dog for 10 feet either side of the property line. I've even made
black people turn white before they've moved along to ruin someone else's
world. And, I can throw a pitch fork about 20 feet, with astounding
accuracy.

Dogs. Bah.

Ooooh. As un-American a statement as I've read here.

Woof.

"The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this
selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never
proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog… He will kiss the hand
that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come
in encounter with the roughness of the world… When all other friends
desert, he remains."
- George G. Vest

Doug Kanter

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
om...

When all other friends
desert, he remains."

....and digs up your garden, barks until the neighbors are ready to kill you,
greets visitors by jumping on their car doors and scratching them, craps
anywhere it pleases, and generally smells like a kitchen trash can full of
chicken wrappers that nobody bothered to take out to the garbage can.

Curtis CCR

"DJ" wrote in message ...
"Dionysus Feldman" wrote in message
Our lab has had a tough time getting in and out of our boat. Part of
this is due to a high dock -- or low water, depending on your
perspective. The critical thing is getting out of the water

We went swimming off the back, but she had a tough time getting on the
swim platform afterwards. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant for her to be
pulled and pushed, and I'm thinking that, since many people hunt with
labs from boats, there's a good way to get her on board.

There are a bunch of different things made to assist dogs getting into
boats. I haven't used any, but have looked at them. Check out Cabalas for
some ideas - try this link (to cabalas)

http://tinyurl.com/n5d8

If it doesn't work, just search the Cabelas site with: dog boat.

good luck with that lab Mine goes nuts if he just imagines I'm getting
ready to go boating (you know how they look deeply into your eyes and figure
out what you're thinking). He walks the gunwales around the windshield and
hangs 10 off the bow whenever he gets the chance. It's interesting when he
sees a beaver, but luckily is pretty obedient.

I don't think either of our dogs cared much for boating. I am sure
they only willingly went along because it beat the alternative.
However our briard really liked swimming. We put him in a PFD with
the handle on the back. He weighed about 70 lbs. so I was usually
responsible for pulling him up onto the swim platform. He would
attempt to use the ladder, and a few times managed to climb up it on
his own. I did't like him doing that - it looked too easy for him to
get hurt.
noah

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:49:16 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
. com...

When all other friends
desert, he remains."

...and digs up your garden, barks until the neighbors are ready to kill you,
greets visitors by jumping on their car doors and scratching them, craps
anywhere it pleases, and generally smells like a kitchen trash can full of
chicken wrappers that nobody bothered to take out to the garbage can.

You're just jealous that *you* can't get away with all that stuff!!
)
noah

Wildest Dream

where doe's the dog go to the bathroom on the boat? I had mine on board
acually my wife's dog and my daughter put him in the cabin and thank god she
put down a towel cause he went right in the middle of the floor and tracked
it all over the towel. I prut him in the water and washed him up and threw
out the towel. Tried him one more time and he crapped on the swim platform,
he's getting closer to where I want it , off the boat. I hated to have to
clean that up for all the world to see, than I had the smell in the garbage,
I would have trown it in the water put too many people around and in my boat
were swimming in the water. He now stays home. P.S. I have fish.

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
m...
"DJ" wrote in message

[...]

Bill Cole

My dog used to whine when he had to go for a walk. I would open the transom
door, he would swim ashore, go the bathroom and then swim back to the boat.
The only problem is would then whine and scratch at the hatch, because I
would not let him go down below until he had dried off

I know many boaters use a piece of astro turf to allow them to go the
bathroom on the Astroturf and then wash the Astroturf off in the water.

"Wildest Dream" wrote in message
. net...
where doe's the dog go to the bathroom on the boat? I had mine on board
acually my wife's dog and my daughter put him in the cabin and thank god

she
put down a towel cause he went right in the middle of the floor and

tracked
it all over the towel. I prut him in the water and washed him up and threw
out the towel. Tried him one more time and he crapped on the swim

platform,
he's getting closer to where I want it , off the boat. I hated to have to
clean that up for all the world to see, than I had the smell in the

garbage,
I would have trown it in the water put too many people around and in my

boat
were swimming in the water. He now stays home. P.S. I have fish.

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
m...
"DJ" wrote in message

[...]

Keith

I've seen boaters train their dog to go on a piece of astroturf, then just
hang it over the side attached by a rope to clean it off while underway.
Personally, I don't allow pets on board, unless they're the two legged
variety!

[...]

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
m...
"DJ" wrote in message

[...]

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Hi Dionysus,

Beaver chuckles aside, I have a section on my website about your pet and
boat.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks/solas.html

Have a look.

Capt. Frank