Default Oh, I see how town hall meetings work.

Seems as though Sen. John McCain can't take the same exact crap that the
conservatives are dolling out in droves at town hall meetings. He held
one, and ONE protester started yelling. He had the protester thrown out.
But it's just great is there's a liberal speaking and 20 or so
conservatives do exactly the same thing!!!
Conservative = good
Liberal = bad

Let the spinning begin!

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...ain.Town.Hall/

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:07:57 -0400, NotNow wrote:

Seems as though Sen. John McCain can't take the same exact crap that the
conservatives are dolling out in droves at town hall meetings. He held
one, and ONE protester started yelling. He had the protester thrown out.
But it's just great is there's a liberal speaking and 20 or so
conservatives do exactly the same thing!!!

Notice, however, that it was just one protestor and not the whole damn
audience.

Conservative = good
Liberal = bad

I agree.

--
John H

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

JLH wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:07:57 -0400, NotNow wrote:

Seems as though Sen. John McCain can't take the same exact crap that the
conservatives are dolling out in droves at town hall meetings. He held
one, and ONE protester started yelling. He had the protester thrown out.
But it's just great is there's a liberal speaking and 20 or so
conservatives do exactly the same thing!!!

Notice, however, that it was just one protestor and not the whole damn
audience.

Conservative = good
Liberal = bad

I agree.

--
John H

See, I knew you were like that.

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:07:57 -0400, NotNow wrote:

Seems as though Sen. John McCain can't take the same exact crap that the
conservatives are dolling out in droves at town hall meetings. He held
one, and ONE protester started yelling. He had the protester thrown out.
But it's just great is there's a liberal speaking and 20 or so
conservatives do exactly the same thing!!!
Conservative = good
Liberal = bad

Let the spinning begin!

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...ain.Town.Hall/

Looks like it's mostly old folks speaking up and causing a ruckus.
Most didn't vote for Obama.
Thing is, those drawing Medicare are taking out 3-4 dollars for every
dollar they contributed. Budget can't handle it.
Some might call them deadbeats, but I sure won't.
I''m due for that gov Medicare teat myself in a couple years.
Sure as hell don't want the children and grandchildren stealing that
from me. What's wrong with kids these days?
Unbelievable how selfish they are trying to steal from old folks.
Lucky I'll be dead when the bills come due.
That'll teach 'em.

--Vic

Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:07:57 -0400, NotNow wrote:

Seems as though Sen. John McCain can't take the same exact crap that the
conservatives are dolling out in droves at town hall meetings. He held
one, and ONE protester started yelling. He had the protester thrown out.
But it's just great is there's a liberal speaking and 20 or so
conservatives do exactly the same thing!!!
Conservative = good
Liberal = bad

Let the spinning begin!

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...ain.Town.Hall/

Looks like it's mostly old folks speaking up and causing a ruckus.

Who forced them out of the workforce?

Most didn't vote for Obama.

With age comes wisdom.

Thing is, those drawing Medicare are taking out 3-4 dollars for every
dollar they contributed. Budget can't handle it.

Get rid of Medicare and Social Security. Maybe the greatest generation
can take another one for the team.

Some might call them deadbeats, but I sure won't.

Why not. All they did was pay in for their entire working lives. They
were promised a benefit. The problem is that FDR and Johnson didn't
expect them to live long enough to collect it.

I''m due for that gov Medicare teat myself in a couple years.

Enjoy the taste.

Sure as hell don't want the children and grandchildren stealing that
from me. What's wrong with kids these days?
Unbelievable how selfish they are trying to steal from old folks.
Lucky I'll be dead when the bills come due.
That'll teach 'em.

And you complained about me getting mine while the kids could appreciate
it. At least my children will remember their first car. The one that
they overpaid and I underpaid.

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:51:19 -0400, BAR wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:

Looks like it's mostly old folks speaking up and causing a ruckus.

Who forced them out of the workforce?

What do you mean? I thought most retired folks retired voluntarily.
I know I did. I like it.

Most didn't vote for Obama.

With age comes wisdom.

Sometimes. Usually it's just liver marks, wrinkled skin, crabbiness,
etc, etc.

Thing is, those drawing Medicare are taking out 3-4 dollars for every
dollar they contributed. Budget can't handle it.

Get rid of Medicare and Social Security. Maybe the greatest generation
can take another one for the team.

That's the ticket. We just need the pols to come out and say that.
Wonder what they're waiting for.
BTW, most of the "Greatest Generation" is already dead.

Some might call them deadbeats, but I sure won't.

Why not. All they did was pay in for their entire working lives. They
were promised a benefit. The problem is that FDR and Johnson didn't
expect them to live long enough to collect it.

I don't think there's much of a requirement to get Medicare.
Eligible for SS I think. A year delivering pizza might do.

I''m due for that gov Medicare teat myself in a couple years.

Enjoy the taste.

Might just keep my Aetna "Gold Plan." Not sure how Medicare works,
except my dad is paying about as much in Medicare supplementals
as is coming out of my wife's paycheck.

Sure as hell don't want the children and grandchildren stealing that
from me. What's wrong with kids these days?
Unbelievable how selfish they are trying to steal from old folks.
Lucky I'll be dead when the bills come due.
That'll teach 'em.

And you complained about me getting mine while the kids could appreciate
it. At least my children will remember their first car. The one that
they overpaid and I underpaid.

I thought I complimented you about being honest when you admitted you
took taxpayer handout money. Thought that was commendable.
Don't know anything about gov money for cars. Never did anything like
that. Made sure all my kids got a job and bought their own cars.
They paid for licensing and insurance too.
I did seed them $2500 each. All seven of them.
Some got more car help when in college, but I made them squeeze it out
of me. Discipline.
And I'm a tight SOB with car bucks. That's how I could retire at 59.
And why I drive a '90 Corsica and '97 Lumina.
Mind you, I'm not saying anything about how to raise kids, or
criticizing you. Just telling my kids/car experience.
But I got a real strong feeling they all remember their first car.
Doesn't everybody?
Now I'm not saying I wouldn't take that gov money if it fit into my
car buying plans. Sure would.
After all, I'm an entrepreneur at heart, and a proud American like
you.
Whether you're hustling drugs on a street corner, playing Wall Street
Roulette, working a 9-5 or taking gov car money, you're most often
doing it for that portrait of George Washington.
A buck is a buck. No reason to get huffy about it.
Just have to see clearly.

--Vic

Vic Smith wrote:

[...]

I was on my wife's Mail Handler's plan when I became eligible for
Medicare. The cost was about the same. The Mail Handler folks
suggested I keep theirs *and* sign up for Medicare - pay twice in
other words. I ended up going with Medicare, without the Mail
Handlers. Luckily, my military service entitled me to Tricare, which
becomes a supplemental to Medicare and picks up the left over 20%.

Of course, this makes some here jealous as hell. Sorry about that.
--
John H

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:03:13 -0400, The Fish
wrote:

I was on my wife's Mail Handler's plan when I became eligible for
Medicare. The cost was about the same. The Mail Handler folks
suggested I keep theirs *and* sign up for Medicare - pay twice in
other words. I ended up going with Medicare, without the Mail
Handlers. Luckily, my military service entitled me to Tricare, which
becomes a supplemental to Medicare and picks up the left over 20%.

Of course, this makes some here jealous as hell. Sorry about that.

I'll worry about it when I get a bit closer. Won't be rocket science
figuring it out.
Two insurance carriers reminds me of something.
A while back - probably the '70's - somebody told me he got paid twice
for his medical care for an injury. His insurance and his wife's.
Back then med insurance was a common free work bennie and I guess they
didn't even cross-check the coverages.
Of course back then there was usually only one breadwinner too.
We've come a long way baby!

--Vic

In article ,
says...

Seems as though Sen. John McCain can't take the same exact crap that the
conservatives are dolling out in droves at town hall meetings. He held
one, and ONE protester started yelling. He had the protester thrown out.
But it's just great is there's a liberal speaking and 20 or so
conservatives do exactly the same thing!!!
Conservative = good
Liberal = bad

Let the spinning begin!

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...ain.Town.Hall/

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... And a democrat office was trashed the other day
damn republicans.. Oh wait, turned out it was another shill who had run
a dem campaign and was very active in the dem party, trying to set up
the dems for sympathy. The cops busted him, and are looking for an
accomplice... This is how they work.. Like I said, this is not the first
time a dem has played a repub to try to push their own dishonest
agenda...

--
Wafa free since 2009

JustWait wrote:
In article ,
says...
[...]

spin, spin, spin......

Here's a question for town hall meetings... Lu Powell[_8_] General 18 August 13th 09 02:17 PM
No protests at Vitter town hall meetings... H the K General 6 August 12th 09 08:53 PM
A story about my town. Calif Bill General 4 July 19th 07 05:24 AM
Back in town... Eisboch General 5 August 1st 06 03:44 PM
New kid in town? Gordon Cruising 5 January 15th 05 07:30 PM