jps jps is offline

Default Travel to Arizona? No thanks!

Nice to see somebody reacting to this lunacy in Arizona...

Travel icon Arthur Frommer says he won't be spending his tourism
dollars at the Grand Canyon, or anywhere else in Arizona, because the
state's laws allow people he described as "thugs" and "extremists" to
openly carry firearms.

The pioneering author of budget-travel guides said on his blog
Wednesday that he was "shocked beyond measure" by reports that a dozen
protesters openly carried guns and rifles outside a Phoenix building
where President Barack Obama spoke on Monday.

Frommer says he won't travel in a state where civilians carry loaded
weapons as a means of political protest.

On his blog (www.frommers.com/blog), Frommer wrote:

"For myself, without yet suggesting that others follow me in an open
boycott, I will not personally travel in a state where civilians carry
loaded weapons onto the sidewalks and as a means of political protest.
I not only believe such practices are a threat to the future of our
democracy, but I am firmly convinced that they would also endanger my
own personal safety there. And therefore I will cancel any plans to
vacation or otherwise visit in Arizona until I learn more. And I will
begin thinking about whether tourists should safeguard themselves by
avoiding stays in Arizona."

Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon says he spoke with Frommer on Thursday and
invited him to visit the city to clear up any possible misconceptions
about safety.

jps wrote:
[...]

"Arizona on $5 Worth of Ammo a Day"

Priceless.

My assumption is that anyone crazy enough to show up at a Presidential
event openly carrying firearms (and not part of secret service, law
enforcement, et cetera) is crazy enough to open fire with that firearm
without much provocation.

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

Does that lunacy extend to the black man seen carrying an AR-15, and a
holstered handgun? The one a ditsy MSNBC reporter said was white?

Jim Jim is offline

jps wrote:
[...]

The black guy with the assault weapon was there to whip up the ni&&er
haters. It was a staged protest, based upon bad thinking.

It won't lead anywhere good if they keep it up, and keep it up they will.
H K H K is offline

Lu Powell wrote:

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

Go visit Herring so you two can swap your racism along with your spit.

"Jim" wrote in message
jps wrote:
[...]

My point was that some ditsy reporter denounced white men, when in fact the
video footage of the assault carrying person was a black man. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

--
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned
benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others." - Ayn

jps jps is offline

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:28:27 -0400, "Lu Powell"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

There were two AR15s in attendance that day. One of them by a white
man shouting slurs against the president.

You're among the mass of under informed, not surprisingly.

wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

It's worse than that...Lu-ser is an ex-cop. Think about that.

"jps" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:28:27 -0400, "Lu Powell"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

....and you are kill filed, along with your bung hole buddy Harry.

Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 21, 3:13*pm, jps wrote:
Nice to see somebody reacting to this lunacy in Arizona...

Travel icon Arthur Frommer says he won't be spending his tourism
dollars at the Grand Canyon, or anywhere else in Arizona, because the
state's laws allow people he described as "thugs" and "extremists" to
openly carry firearms.

That's ok, My brother and his family went on vacation and visited the
Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Black Hills, Rushmore and the like.

They had a really enjoyable time and didn't feel threatened by anyone.