Default Ponder me this...

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 04:26:13 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

On Aug 2, 9:37*pm, Guru of Woodstock wrote:
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
apes?

because we needed republicans?

Glad to see you got into the spirit of the question. :)

Things have been too serious around here lately. :)

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:47:41 -0400, BAR wrote:

Take a look at the evolution of the horse. Most of the species that
branched off, died off.

Yeah, but I think that is the fate of most species. It's the rare
species that endures. In the evolutionary scale of things, primates are
relatively recent. They still have a long way to go, before it can be
said they endured.

thunder wrote:
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:47:41 -0400, BAR wrote:

Take a look at the evolution of the horse. Most of the species that
branched off, died off.

Yeah, but I think that is the fate of most species. It's the rare
species that endures. In the evolutionary scale of things, primates are
relatively recent. They still have a long way to go, before it can be
said they endured.

As with most things, if you will, on Earth a few million years is not
much time.

wf3h wrote:
On Aug 2, 9:37 pm, Guru of Woodstock wrote:
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
apes?

because we needed republicans?

LOL, Very good

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:57:20 -0400, BAR wrote:

As with most things, if you will, on Earth a few million years is not
much time.

That's true. Then, there's the coelacanth, 350 million years, and
counting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth

SteveB wrote:
"Guru of Woodstock" wrote in message
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
apes?

I think they saw the way mankind was going and decided to stick to the
forests.

Just a guess.

Steve

LOL..

thunder wrote:
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:26:20 -0400, BAR wrote:

Guru of Woodstock wrote:
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
apes?
Thought provoking question.

Not really. If evolving from a species, meant the extinction of that
species, there wouldn't be an evolutionary tree. It would be an
evolutionary telephone pole with no branches.

Take a look at the evolution of the horse. Most of the species that
branched off, died off.

Guys - it was a joke - you know - funny ha ha? A plausible
implausible?

Jeeze - relax - smell the roses.

Besides, we all know how the dinosaurs died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP0F0sMhhAg

Drifting John wrote:
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:37:54 -0400, Guru of Woodstock
wrote:

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
apes?

Not gonna touch that one.
--

John H

Better not. The resident racist bigot will be calling you a racist
again. ;-)

Guru of Woodstock wrote:
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
apes?
Thought provoking question.
Not really. If evolving from a species, meant the extinction of that
species, there wouldn't be an evolutionary tree. It would be an
evolutionary telephone pole with no branches.

Take a look at the evolution of the horse. Most of the species that
branched off, died off.

Guys - it was a joke - you know - funny ha ha? A plausible
implausible?

Jeeze - relax - smell the roses.

Besides, we all know how the dinosaurs died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP0F0sMhhAg

You sure it wasn't a troll? ;-)