Default Northwest Passage Open for Business

In article ,
says...

Calif Bill wrote:
"NotNow" wrote in message
BAR wrote:
NotNow wrote:
BAR wrote:
Vic Smith wrote:
Ran across this after seeing an article in boattest about a guy with a
Nordhavn doing the trip Atlantic to Pacific.
http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/...y/1620336.html

Weird when you consider the travails of Franklin and Amundsen.
If the passage gets going good it could affect Panama Canal revenues.
You could see the Chinese jump on the Global Warming band wagon at that
point.
I wonder how the passage is getting "increasingly ice free" when the
republican politicians are forcing everyone in their party to be darned
near militant in telling everyone that global warming just isn't
happening despite all of the data proving otherwise?
Where is the peer reviewed data.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

http://wdc.cricyt.edu.ar/paleo/globalwarming/end.html
Which states in part:

When one reviews all the data, both from thermometers and paleotemperature
proxies, it becomes clear that the Earth has warmed significantly over the
last 140 years; Global Warming is a reality. Multiple paleoclimatic
studies indicate that recent years, the 1990s, and the 20th century are
all the warmest, on a global basis, of the last 600, and most likely 1200
years. It appears that the global warming of the last century is
unprecedented in the last 1,200 years.

The peer review does not address man causes for global warming. Earth has
heated and cooled for it whole life. What did man do to cause the last Ice
Age about 15,000 years ago? The mini ice age 500 years ago? And the
warming afterwards?

It does not matter what has happened and how it happened in the past. We
are talking about the CURRENT situation. That's why the right's
insistence that it isn't man made is non-think.

Yes, yes it does.. If you don't know what caused the earth to do this on
it's own for millions of years, how can you eliminate "it" as the cause
this time? Sorry Loogie, that just defies logic.

JustWait wrote:
In article ,
says...
Calif Bill wrote:
"NotNow" wrote in message
BAR wrote:
NotNow wrote:
BAR wrote:
Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

No it doesn't! We are now talking about a set of circumstances that has
never occured before (pollution from industrial revolution coinciding
with temp. rises). Ergo, beyond that there is no history to it.

Don White wrote:
"H the K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Don White wrote:

Not to worry. The 'Freaks' definition of work is cluttering up his
wifes kitchen table with worn out kiddycycle parts.
Speaking of motorcycles, did you happen to catch any of the rebroadcasts
of the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy races? What a great race course, 30+
miles I think, around that island in the Irish Sea...twistys, hills,
airborne motorcycles, speeds *averaging* 125-130 mph in some classes,
sidecar motorcycle races...and vistas where you can actually see the
bikes roar by a few feet away, plus many of the bikes had miniature
video cameras mounted *and* there were helicopter cameras, too.

The races were exciting, and the coverage was terrific. These sorts of
open road races have always been my favorites, cars or motorcycles.

Didn't see that race. Usually they are presented on one of the many
cable stations and I only come across them by accident.
What I'm always amazed about is the lack of real boating shows...(not
fishing shows, which are a dime a dozen)

We have an embarrassment of riches in boat shows down here...the big
Annapolis shows, the DC show, there's a pretty big show out by Dulles
Airport, and at least a have dozen other mostly boating shows in the
general area. Once you've been to the Annapolis shows, though, the other
area shows look...small.

The best boat shows I've seen in recent years, though, have been the Miami
"International" shows. Mind-boggling in size...both on land and in the
water. Lots of demo rides, too. Best time of year, typically, to be in
south Florida, usually February, when your northern clime is a
bit...chilly.

One of my Air Force cousins is being transfered to an American base near the
Lockheed Martin plant in Georgia for approx 3 years.
He'll be working on the procurement of about 17 new Hercules transport
aircraft http://www.lockheedmartin.com/products/c130/index.html
I was teasing him about spending some time with him over our colder months.
I'd probably have to stand in line...he has two brothers, four sisters and
about a zillion cousins.

You will always be at the end of that line, I'm sure, dummy.

it's me, Jim wrote:
H the K wrote:
Don White wrote:

Not to worry. The 'Freaks' definition of work is cluttering up his
wifes kitchen table with worn out kiddycycle parts.

Speaking of motorcycles, did you happen to catch any of the
rebroadcasts of the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy races? What a great
race course, 30+ miles I think, around that island in the Irish
Sea...twistys, hills, airborne motorcycles, speeds *averaging* 125-130
mph in some classes, sidecar motorcycle races...and vistas where you
can actually see the bikes roar by a few feet away, plus many of the
bikes had miniature video cameras mounted *and* there were helicopter
cameras, too.

The races were exciting, and the coverage was terrific. These sorts of
open road races have always been my favorites, cars or motorcycles.

How does the great WAFA find time to watch TV?

He's got one under his desk in his basement apartment.

Northwest passage east to west! Charles Momsen ASA 0 December 3rd 08 03:28 AM
NW Passage now open! Chuck Gould General 12 October 21st 07 04:08 PM
Northwest passage Gordon Cruising 6 September 22nd 07 12:41 AM
Well known presidential family and highly placed business associates getting into the boat business. (yeah, really!) Chuck Gould General 18 April 24th 07 05:42 AM
Business owners - expanding your business market abilities. Calleads.COM General 0 December 28th 06 03:20 PM