Default To store dry or wet?

I will be making a decision soon on whether I'll berth my boat on
water or on land.
With water I can easily go out by simply starting engines and sail
out.
On land I'll have to tow boat to launch ramp, put in water, store tow
vehicle and sail out.
In water - $150/mo
On land - $0 (drive to ramp 1/2 mi)
Advantages of dry storage is no berth fee and easier to work on the
exterior ( mechanical {IO} paint, buff, etc)
Disadvantage is the work involved going to/from ramp.
Any comments?
Eddie

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:52:09 -0700, Eddie
wrote:

I will be making a decision soon on whether I'll berth my boat on
water or on land.
With water I can easily go out by simply starting engines and sail
out.
On land I'll have to tow boat to launch ramp, put in water, store tow
vehicle and sail out.
In water - $150/mo
On land - $0 (drive to ramp 1/2 mi)
Advantages of dry storage is no berth fee and easier to work on the
exterior ( mechanical {IO} paint, buff, etc)
Disadvantage is the work involved going to/from ramp.

Is this the Regal?

If so, I'd slip it and forget it.

"Eddie" wrote in message
I will be making a decision soon on whether I'll berth my boat on
water or on land.
With water I can easily go out by simply starting engines and sail
out.
On land I'll have to tow boat to launch ramp, put in water, store tow
vehicle and sail out.
In water - $150/mo
On land - $0 (drive to ramp 1/2 mi)
Advantages of dry storage is no berth fee and easier to work on the
exterior ( mechanical {IO} paint, buff, etc)
Disadvantage is the work involved going to/from ramp.
Any comments?
Eddie

My experience with a 19' mini-cruiser sailboat...
If you don't have a willing and energetic crew, you'll soon tire of trying
to tow/rig/ launch/recover/drop rigging/tow back on a regular basis.
You'll probably use the boat a lot less.
A smaller boat......such as an open fishing type with outboard, keeping at
your own home/cottage is the way to go.

wrote:

I will be making a decision soon on whether I'll berth my boat on
water or on land.
With water I can easily go out by simply starting engines and sail
out.
On land I'll have to tow boat to launch ramp, put in water, store tow
vehicle and sail out.
In water - $150/mo
On land - $0 (drive to ramp 1/2 mi)
Advantages of dry storage is no berth fee and easier to work on the
exterior ( mechanical {IO} paint, buff, etc)
Disadvantage is the work involved going to/from ramp.

Is this the Regal?

If so, I'd slip it and forget it.

It is the Regal. And the consensus is to slip it. So I'll do that. I
just bought a house (a fixer-upper) very near the water and thought
that being so close I could launch and recover more often being so
close to water.
But great news! All the houses across the street have their own
uncovered and covered berths. A neighbor across the street has
indicated to me that two doors down from him is an elderly lady, a
widow, who has a covered slip large enough for my 31 footer. He said
to offer her a few dollars per month and there should be no problem.
I'm thinking of offering $75 per month. Her only boat is a small 8 or
10 ft. rowboat. I'll see what she says.
Thanks all
Eddie

Welcome to our pool store ERVIN GENSTIN General 0 June 24th 08 08:52 PM
store n dry sprokkie Electronics 0 October 21st 07 11:48 AM
Pensacola Dry Store HK General 2 October 19th 07 04:47 PM
sailing store Jeff ASA 1 November 3rd 05 03:38 PM
Big Brother at Your Store??? Death Marchers On General 4 December 6th 03 01:49 AM