BoatBanter.com

-   -   Gun saves another day (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/108060-gun-saves-another-day.html)

J i m July 31st 09 11:05 PM

Gun saves another day

Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

Don't bet on it. Before I was a police chief

Is your real name Theophilus Eugene Connor? It's hard to envision a
non-thinking racist like you as a cop, let alone a "police chief."
Well, maybe not. Was it in the south?

You are a first class clownish fool. Trying to reason with you is an
exercise in futility. Don't you see how most of the folks in this
forum view you? Do you really think "WAFA" is a term of endearment?

My police career was one of honor and pride. The same is true of my
military active duty and reserve stints spanning more than thirty
years. For you to try to belittle that with your idiotic barbs while
lacking any information is insanity in its purest form.

BTW, "Bull" Connor made no bones about being a bigot. You, on the
other hand are blind to your own bigotry, which is patently obvious
to everybody who reads your posts. WAFA.

Indeed, Lucius, I make no bones about my dislike for the "modern day"
Republican conservatives, who have spent the last decade doing their
best to ruin this country. In fact, they've pretty much succeeded. But
I don't dislike them because of their race, gender preference, age, or
religion.

Oh, and I'm also not a big fan of the police as an institution, though
I do believe there are many honorable, brave, hard-working policemen.
Police corruption is pretty much institutionalized in too many
departments, large and small, and far too often police and prosecutors
work too hard to convict the poor, black, and innocent. I'm sure you
recall a case like that.

--
Whatever moral rules you have proposed, abide by them as they were
laws, and as if you would be guilty of impiety by violating any of

Whatever, WAFA. Where did you copy and paste that monogram?

WAFA Krause certainly has a belly full of hate, doesn't he? He sounds
like he's a disciple of the reverend Jeremiah Wright

Lu Powell[_8_] July 31st 09 11:10 PM

Gun saves another day

"J i m" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

[...]

He gives Jeremiah Wright a bad name.

Lu Powell[_8_] July 31st 09 11:15 PM

Gun saves another day

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

[...]

Surely you recall at least one case in all your years as a police chief in
which bad police work resulted in the arrest, trial and incarceration
of an innocent man.

--
Whatever moral rules you have proposed, abide by them as they were laws,
and as if you would be guilty of impiety by violating any of them,
*unless* you are a conservative Republican office holder or minister. If
that is your position in life, then anything goes.

Never said I didn't. In cases where I was able to do so, I saw that they
were released in a timely fashion. In one case I terminated an officer for
mishandling evidence, then lying about it in court, and saw that the
offender was released by the district attorney. When was the last time you
reported or even criticized union misconduct?

H the K July 31st 09 11:47 PM

Gun saves another day

Lu Powell wrote:

"J i m" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

[...]

Yeah, not trusting cops to investigate themselves...that makes me a
"hater." Morons, both of you.

H the K July 31st 09 11:51 PM

Gun saves another day

Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

[...]

My local union is squeaky clean. The quarterly financials for the union,
the health plan, and the retirement plan, are posted on the local's web
site. If there was missing money, the bonding company would step in and
the responsible officers would be prosecuted. The local meetings are
open to every member, and there are no "executive" sessions.

What was your role in getting that fellow exonerated...the one who spent
all those years in the slam...you know who I mean.

Lu Powell[_8_] August 1st 09 12:21 AM

Gun saves another day

"H the K" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

[...]

Your reply is not responsive to my question, as usual. Regarding your query.
the murder happened on my watch. The arrest and conviction, then later
exoneration did not.

H the K August 1st 09 12:42 AM

Gun saves another day

Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

[...]

It's as responsive as it can be. While I am a member of two unions,
these days I'm only involved in one, and, basically, only socially.

Lu Powell[_8_] August 1st 09 01:01 AM

Gun saves another day

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

[...]

I'll restate the question, knowing in advance you cannot give a straight
answer: "When was the last time you reported or even criticized union
misconduct?"

Calif Bill[_2_] August 1st 09 01:02 AM

Gun saves another day

"H the K" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:

[...]

How do you know money is missing? Investments in companies that are
controlled by a brother in law, etc. Seems to be the MO for unions. Or
stock manipulation.

H the K August 1st 09 01:04 AM

Gun saves another day

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]