Default **** happens.

Was on my way to daughter's house to celebrate youngest grandson's
first birthday. Took the Moto Guzzi. Got about 20 miles down I-95 and
started hearing and feeling strange noises and vibrations. Pulled to
the side of the road, the high speed side 'cause that's where I was.
My rear end locked just as I was coming to a stop. Nothing bad
happened, and the bike didn't go down. I called AAA, after a nice guy
stopped and let me use his cell phone. I own a cell phone, but I use
it mainly for emergencies. Therefore, it stays in my Toyota, where
I'll surely be if an emergency occurs. The Toyota is almost a year and
a half old, so it is much more likely to give me problems than my 20
year-old motorcycle. Right?

Anyway, I called AAA and got a very nice young lady who very nicely
informed me my AAA didn't cover my motorcycle. The *only* reason I've
got AAA is because of the motorcycle. The new Toyotas are covered by
the Toyota waranties. At least the young lady was nice enough to call
a tow truck. So, after a $200 tow, I'm home.

I think I blew the u-joint, but haven't taken it apart yet. I'll do so
this week. I'm supposed to go for a ride with brothers thru VT, NH,
and Maine in September. Gotta have the damn bike running by then.
--

John H

On Jul 19, 3:53*pm, Lil' John wrote:
[...]

See what " bad Karma " towards Canadians got you........

Scott Dickson wrote:
[...]

Herring has bad karma for all sorts of foreigners, for blacks, for
Latinos...you name, he's got right-wing hate for them.

H the K wrote:
Scott Dickson wrote:
[...]

Really, WAFA? Can you prove that or are you setting yourself up for a
libel suit?

On Jul 19, 8:32*pm, D wrote:
H the K wrote:
Scott Dickson wrote:
[...]

Yet ANOTHER " sock-puppet " joins the ranks.......

"Scott Dickson" wrote in message
On Jul 19, 8:32 pm, D wrote:
H the K wrote:
Scott Dickson wrote:
[...]

That's just Diaper Dan soiling his depends again.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 19, 2:53*pm, Lil' John wrote:
[...]

I's say your right about he U-joint, John. the differential-type rear
end is almost impossible to tear up, that is, unless it runs out of
oil. Been there.

Besides, if the rear gears gae up the ghost it wold have made a bad
whining noise, then had a come apart, but you'd know that from looking
at it from the outside.

But while you have it apart is a good time to check other stuff too..
Tim Tim is offline

[...]

I doubt if you do, but I've got a Guzzi book if you need it John.

your welcome to it.

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 16:14:20 -0400, Gene
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:53:31 -0400, Lil' John
wrote:

At least the young lady was nice enough to call
a tow truck. So, after a $200 tow, I'm home.

Yes, it does.... You might remember my travails last year in dealing
with the NCHP and their idiotic enforcement of boat towing laws.
Boaters hopped on their elected representatives with both feet and got
the law overturned... only to be vetoed by Easley... then our idiotic
governor. Legislators returned en masse from the National Democratic
Convention to override the veto, but AAA sided with the governor and
tried to frighten motorists with scare stories about huge deadly boat
trailers flying up and down the roads.

At that point, I told AAA to stick it where the sun don't shine only
to realized] that the American Motorcyclist Association covered both
the motorcycle and my other vehicles. Try these folks:
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/roadride/motow.asp

Just so we'll stay on topic, I keep these folks around, too:
http://www.boatus.com/

Thanks for that link. I've been an AMA member for a long time, but
never realized they had insurance like that. I guess I never paid
attention because I had AAA.

AAA will soon be gone.
--

John H

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 16:04:45 -0700 (PDT), Scott Dickson
wrote:

[...]

I've never met a Canadian I didn't like. While in Germany I often
worked with the Canadian Brigade. Great bunch of folks.

There is one Canadian here who seems to think HK is his leader. He is
the exception.
--

John H

Holy shit... [email protected] General 12 May 7th 09 01:30 AM
All the shit tripe [email protected] General 20 December 3rd 08 01:39 PM
Oh, shit. It happened to me. Roger Long Cruising 15 July 8th 06 12:04 AM
Bob = Cat SHIT SkitchNYC ASA 3 July 19th 03 10:48 PM
Need to pump shit? Peggie Hall General 8 July 17th 03 12:31 AM