Tim Tim is offline

Default bad economy but Chicago boat sales are good.

Dealers are feeling the crunch but...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3293112.story

"Marina managers say they are also seeing some newcomers -- and
certainly more bargain hunters -- who are enjoying a buyer's market on
boats, heavily discounted because of the bad economy. Sailboats and
lower-end aluminum craft have been easier to sell, experts said....

"We are definitely selling boats -- the reason being, we are moving
them at discounts," said Warren Moulis, an owner of Fox Lake Marina
off the Chain O' Lakes. Most of the marina's 280 slips are full this
summer, he said."

I say good for them!

"Tim" wrote in message
Dealers are feeling the crunch but...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3293112.story

"Marina managers say they are also seeing some newcomers -- and
certainly more bargain hunters -- who are enjoying a buyer's market on
boats, heavily discounted because of the bad economy. Sailboats and
lower-end aluminum craft have been easier to sell, experts said....

"We are definitely selling boats -- the reason being, we are moving
them at discounts," said Warren Moulis, an owner of Fox Lake Marina
off the Chain O' Lakes. Most of the marina's 280 slips are full this
summer, he said."

I say good for them!

Sure beats the price hikes seen in the last 10 years. Me, still holding
out.

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:33:31 -0600, "Canuck57"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
Dealers are feeling the crunch but...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3293112.story

"Marina managers say they are also seeing some newcomers -- and
certainly more bargain hunters -- who are enjoying a buyer's market on
boats, heavily discounted because of the bad economy. Sailboats and
lower-end aluminum craft have been easier to sell, experts said....

"We are definitely selling boats -- the reason being, we are moving
them at discounts," said Warren Moulis, an owner of Fox Lake Marina
off the Chain O' Lakes. Most of the marina's 280 slips are full this
summer, he said."

I say good for them!

Sure beats the price hikes seen in the last 10 years. Me, still holding
out.

Look - you're a smart guy - I mean really smart, but sometimes one can
out smart themselves.

This is the time to buy a new boat - not a used boat because that
market has all but collapsed, but a new boat can be had for reasonable
money - enough so that you can save three/four maybe even five years
of depreciation.
Tim Tim is offline

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...uesjul11,0,329....

[...]

HA! notice he didn't address me on the subject....

wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

But tom. If new boats are cheaper,t hen shouldn't the used boats
discount as well?