Default Class act...

The Bay State senator was telling a group of business and civic
leaders in town at his invitation about the “bizarre’’ tale of how
South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford had “disappeared for four days’’ and
claimed to be hiking along the Appalachian Trail, but no one was
really certain of his whereabouts.

“Too bad,’’ Kerry said, “if a governor had to go missing it couldn’t
have been the governor of Alaska. You know, Sarah Palin.’’

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_...ome&position=0

This from a "war hero" who shot a retreating enemy soldier in the
back.

What a guy.

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 02:27:31 -0400, Valgard Toebreakerson
wrote:

This from a "war hero" who shot a retreating enemy soldier in the
back.

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that enemy
soldiers were shot where ever you could hit them.

wrote:

This from a "war hero" who shot a retreating enemy soldier in the
back.

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that enemy
soldiers were shot where ever you could hit them.

True, but when it's a kid carrying an empty RPG launcher runnning away
from a firefight that was over, that puts a different twist on it
don't you think?

I don't know - I never had to face that situation, but I also was
never out of control either. Doing something like that is akin to a
war crime - you don't shoot unarmed combatants - shows a lack of
control.

wrote:

This from a "war hero" who shot a retreating enemy soldier in the
back.

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that enemy
soldiers were shot where ever you could hit them.

True, but when it's a kid carrying an empty RPG launcher runnning away
from a firefight that was over, that puts a different twist on it
don't you think?

I don't know - I never had to face that situation, but I also was
never out of control either. Doing something like that is akin to a
war crime - you don't shoot unarmed combatants - shows a lack of
control.

It sure as hell doesn't classify someone as a "hero".

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:06:02 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

I don't know - I never had to face that situation, but I also was
never out of control either. Doing something like that is akin to a
war crime - you don't shoot unarmed combatants - shows a lack of
control.

When someone shoots an RPG at you and takes off for the ammo stash to
get a reload, they are fair game. When someone is merely carrying a
weapon they are fair game.

Casady

wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that enemy
soldiers were shot where ever you could hit them.

True, but when it's a kid carrying an empty RPG launcher runnning away
from a firefight that was over, that puts a different twist on it
don't you think?

I don't know - I never had to face that situation, but I also was
never out of control either. Doing something like that is akin to a
war crime - you don't shoot unarmed combatants - shows a lack of
control.

Someone once said: "War is hell". To me a guy carrying an RPG is an
armed combatant any way you slice it. That certainly doesn't make
anyone a hero for shooting him, but definitely a fair target.
HK HK is offline

wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that enemy
soldiers were shot where ever you could hit them.

True, but when it's a kid carrying an empty RPG launcher runnning away
from a firefight that was over, that puts a different twist on it
don't you think?

I don't know - I never had to face that situation, but I also was
never out of control either. Doing something like that is akin to a
war crime - you don't shoot unarmed combatants - shows a lack of
control.

Someone once said: "War is hell". To me a guy carrying an RPG is an
armed combatant any way you slice it. That certainly doesn't make
anyone a hero for shooting him, but definitely a fair target.

I'm sure the Iraqis feel the same way when they see our soldiers
carrying small arms.

wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that enemy
soldiers were shot where ever you could hit them.

True, but when it's a kid carrying an empty RPG launcher runnning away
from a firefight that was over, that puts a different twist on it
don't you think?

I don't know - I never had to face that situation, but I also was
never out of control either. Doing something like that is akin to a
war crime - you don't shoot unarmed combatants - shows a lack of
control.

Someone once said: "War is hell". To me a guy carrying an RPG is an
armed combatant any way you slice it. That certainly doesn't make
anyone a hero for shooting him, but definitely a fair target.

Well, maybe for some, but not me. An unarmed kid carrying an empty RPG
launcher in retreat and running away isn't a target I'm going to take
a shot at for any reason.

Maybe he was an active combatant, maybe he was just a mule dragooned
into a bad situation - I'm not going to take that chance and have it
on my conscience.

Shooting at me - he's fair game - in retreat, sorry.

If that makes me a sap, then I'm a sap.

Another Class Act Passes on the GOP HK General 0 May 7th 09 06:41 PM
First-class quality, first-class service ddddd Cruising 0 October 26th 07 01:06 PM
Top of the class Joe ASA 11 May 20th 07 11:09 PM
Bobsprit: Class Act! Bob Crantz ASA 0 April 10th 07 03:05 AM
Class 3 in Europe Ronan Keane Whitewater 0 October 6th 04 10:33 AM