Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Another gorgeous day on the Potomac

Took the kids up to DC today, launching at the National Airport ramp
(Gravelly Point). Beautiful weather, and the kids were suitably
impressed with the first plane that took off and flew, seemingly,
about 100 feet over their heads.

We lunched in Georgetown, and then took an excursion. Went up the
Anacostia River to the new Washington Nationals stadium and to the USS
Barry. Kids got a charge out of that.

The disappointing part was the filth floating in the Anacostia River.
There was a big cleanup there a month or so ago, but the place is
little more than a sewer again. A mess.

Boat ran well, but I'm noticing a gas smell under the console. That'll
give me something to keep me busy 'cause it looks as though the
console will have to come off to allow one to get to the access cover
for the tank. Crap.
--

John H

Pakistan President says Sarah Palin is gorgeous! Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] ASA 8 September 30th 08 01:53 AM
A gorgeous day on the bay! JohnH General 12 July 6th 06 07:47 AM
GORGEOUS lake front property in Auburn, New York cnyrealtor Cruising 2 December 7th 04 09:06 PM
A Gorgeous Bay Day! John H General 3 June 25th 04 05:05 PM
Another Gorgeous Bay Day! John H General 45 June 13th 04 08:42 PM