BoatBanter.com

-   -   Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1056-politics-aside-9-11-01%3B-let-us-never-forget.html)

Gould 0738 September 12th 03 03:38 PM

Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

Chuck has shown his true colors in this thread for the entire NG to see. He
is over
the edge and driven only by his hatred of Bush and those who support him. He
has
crawled under the same slimy rock with his buddy Harry.

Whatever respect I may have had for Chuck went out the window in this one
thread.

He is indeed a pathetic old man. This thread is living proof.

Or so you say.

Gee, according to you, I "hate" several members of my immediate family because
they support Bush.

At least I'm in no danger of anybody considering my "true colors" as the
bitter,
sick, non-boating, name calling, insult hurling, flame-baiting troll.

Every group does seem to attract one. I wonder who fulfills that role on
rec.boats?
Whoever it is, that person has one really twisted perspective on life. Could
you imagine an existence where you lived to anonymously insult perfect
strangers? Would be pretty weird.

I can just visualize that person now. Sitting in the "privileged" ward of the
asylum, suggesting that others "get help". The person might not even be above
posting a bogus "for sale" ad for a boat, airplane, ski doo, pickup truck, or
whatever the discussion group was organized around- just so he or she could
make some specious claim to a fringe connection to the group. Such a person
might never make any comment related to the main topic of the group, but
repeatedly assure everybody that he or she reserved all expertise for the
"real" groups: those worthy of their magnificent presence.

Keep an eye out for such a person, Jim.
You never know where one of the wretched little *******s will turn up.

Gould 0738 September 12th 03 04:08 PM

Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

I was meerely hoping that the trolls would leave patriotism and
politics out of this particular thread. And the one who starts it is
calling everyone else a troll... It is obvious that Gould just can't
help himself, pretty sad if you ask me...

Pssst, renegade,

When the title of the thread is "9-11, Let us never forget!" it's already too
late to leave patriotism out of the thread.

As far as politics- yeah I'm against terrorists and repressive reactionaries-
two groups seeking to capitalize on the tragedy of 9-11. Funny how a few folks
got really bent by that statement. It's easy to assume that they aren't
terrorists.....

LaBomba182 September 12th 03 08:38 PM

Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

Subject: Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget
From: "Jim -"

I didn't get into politics. I said that the disaster of 9-11 continues as

both
the terrorists and repressive reactionaries strive to use public fear and
insecurity to advance their causes. Absolutely true.

If I had said, "The Bush administration................." or
"Republicans......" or "Democrats......."
that would be political.

As someone said earlier, unfrickenbelievable.

You got that right. It is "unfrickenblievable" that two years have passed and
we still don't have UBL or Saddam yet and now we have to fight the so call
"Patriot Act" here at home.

Capt. Bill

Terry Rago September 12th 03 09:40 PM

From: "Jim -"

I didn't get into politics. I said that the disaster of 9-11 continues

as
both
the terrorists and repressive reactionaries strive to use public fear

and
insecurity to advance their causes. Absolutely true.

If I had said, "The Bush administration................." or
"Republicans......" or "Democrats......."
that would be political.

As someone said earlier, unfrickenbelievable.

You got that right. It is "unfrickenblievable" that two years have passed

and
we still don't have UBL or Saddam yet and now we have to fight the so call
"Patriot Act" here at home.

Capt. Bill

It is also "unfrickenblievable" that while you guys
are complaining that we don't "have" these guys yet,
we have not been struck again. None of the whiners
want to say "Isn't it great that we are keeping these
busy enough elsewhere that they don't have the time to
concentrate on attacking us at home". Guess that would
be admitting to at least some success and that is just
not possible, is it??

Terry

Harry Krause September 12th 03 11:45 PM

From: "Jim -"

[...]

Terrorism is a worldwide problem. There have been any number of
"strikes" in the last two years that have been attributed to the same
folks who brought us 9/11.

It doesn't take much to wreak havoc on a U.S. facility. Two native-born
right-wing extemists took out a federal office building in Oklahoma City
and a hell of a lot of innocent people. You think a couple of crazed
right-wing extremist Muslims already in this country couldn't do the
same at any moment?

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

noah September 12th 03 11:54 PM

Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:53:35 GMT, "Jim"
wrote:

A stunning tribute to the tragic event:

http://www.caldavid.com/911/911-lq.swf

Where were you when it happened?

For me, I was on my way to physical therapy for my knee listening to the radio in the
car....a date and time I will never forget.

Jim, I will gladly assume that your intentions were honorable in
posting this topic. Many of us were deeply affected by the 9/11
attacks. Many will never recover.

The rest of this thread is pathetic. "look at me, LOOK AT ME!!".
"I'm important, too!"

FWIW, I was sitting at my desk, working on the "current project", and
listening to the local Country station on the radio. When the DJ's
broke in with the news, I was stunned. My heart sank to my ass, and I
went to inform my crew of what happened, in disbelief.

Regards,
noah

Gould 0738 September 13th 03 12:25 AM

Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

Yes, despite the attempts by Chuck to say otherwise, the purpose of my post
was to
offer a small tribute to the victims of 9-11. That is why I prefaced the
title of the
post "politics aside". I did not want this thread to turn into another
political free
for all. Unfortunately some extremists in this group had a hard time seeing
that and
had to interject what they thought my intentions were.

Sad.

"Seems to Me........" your intentions in this group are transparent.

"Seems to Me......." you have stated, just recently, that your only motivation
for participating in the group is to yank people's chains.

"Seems to Me......." that if you didn't intend to start a flame war with this
post, it would be the first such event, ever.

"Seems to Me........." that every thread you start is just more of the same.

"Seems to Me........" that when you don't start a fight right away, you're
disappointed. For ten points and the bronze turd consolation prize, who
recently trolled a bait through the group and later followed up his own post
with a comment like "Silence. It figures."?

"Seems to me......." you treat this newsgroup like an outhouse. You come here
to dump crap, and nothing more.
When people have called you on it, you have stated that "we're not worthy" and
that you save your immense boating expertise for the good groups that really
count for something.

I suppose I could be wrong. It's just how it "seems to me."

Jim - September 13th 03 12:29 AM

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Yes, despite the attempts by Chuck to say otherwise, the purpose of my post
was to
offer a small tribute to the victims of 9-11. That is why I prefaced the
title of the
post "politics aside". I did not want this thread to turn into another
political free
for all. Unfortunately some extremists in this group had a hard time seeing
that and
had to interject what they thought my intentions were.

Sad.

I suppose I could be wrong. It's just how it "seems to me."

Yes, you were wrong and I am still awaiting an apology. Are you man enough Chuck?

Gould 0738 September 13th 03 12:46 AM

Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

Yes, you were wrong and I am still awaiting an apology. Are you man enough
Chuck?

I'm sorry that I've been relatively easy on you, in spite of your morbid
preoccupation with behaving badly.

But hang in there.

I'm heading out on the boat for a while, but when I get back in October I'll
give you a few lessons in how to do attack posts that are so far above the
nonny-nonny poo poo tone of your usual schtick you will at least be able to
flame with a little more class.
You'll thank me for it, I'm sure.

Gould 0738 September 13th 03 12:56 AM

Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

So we can see that you are not man enough to offer an apology.

Too bad Chuck. I thought better of you.

One mistake and one lie. In that order.

See ya!