Gould 0738

Default Ventilation of an I/O

Is it recommended to leave the ventilation system turned on in an I/O
or turn it off once you are underway?

Not routinely.....your passive vents should circulate plenty of air through the
engine compartment most of the time when you are underway at any sort of speed.

But if you are idling around trolling or what not, you might want to kick on
the blower just in case.

Capt. Frank Hopkins

I run my fans five minuets before I start the engine and leave them on.
It helps keep the engine room a little cooler too.

Capt. Frank

Gene wrote:
Is it recommended to leave the ventilation system turned on in an I/O
or turn it off once you are underway?

Messing In Boats

It's recommended if you're traveling at low speed, slow enough that your
regular venting isn't effective enough to keep bad vapors out of the
engine compartment.

Capt. Jeff