jps jps is offline

Default Trade War!! With Canada?

On Fri, 15 May 2009 21:04:33 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
om...
Eisboch wrote:

"jim7856" wrote in message
Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
And just think - the "adults" are in charge.

I think I'd rather have the kids.

When the histories are written, the Obama Administration will be known
as "The Unintended Consequences Admininstration".

That is if the current administration doesn't issue a book burning
order.

And none of those consequences are going to be good.

Well! at least his heart is in the right place. Isn't it? I think he
should hire Mitt Romney to help him out with business and financial
matters.

Was just watching Congressman Ron Paul being interviewed on Morning Joe.

Scarborough read a document written by Paul back in 2003 in which he
accurately and precisely predicted the current economic condition,
including the housing bubble burst, the activities of government
sponsored mortgages for non-qualified buyers, the phony blaming of
capitalism as the "problem" and on and on. Again, this was in 2003.

He said he recognized the potential as far back as 1971 when we went
de-linked the dollar from gold. He blames big government, phony
"oversight" that supports pork barrel programs and winks and nods by
members of Congress.

But, disturbingly, he is now very concerned that the US dollar is going
to collapse due to debt and trade deficits.
He doesn't paint a very optimistic picture. He says that if we continue
on our current path, trying to spend our way out of this problem that the
dollar *will* collapse and the ramifications for all of us will make the
current economic problems look minor in comparison.

He advocates a complete and total dismantling of government, eliminating
all "Department of ......." whatever, other than those identified as
necessary in the US Constitution.

People thought he was a nut-case when he was running for President. They
aren't laughing now.

"He advocates a complete and total dismantling of government, eliminating
all "Department of ......." "whatever"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ron Paul's a fascinating fella, but...he's a nut case.

We'll pull out of mess *Bush* put us into...despite the knuckle-dragging,
obstructionist Republicans.

Kewl... it took you less than an hour to blame something on Bush. Get over
it, you won, and things have gone from bad to worse. You can't blame it on
GWB forever.

Do you do anything other than post here. With the timestamps of yours posts,
I don't think so. Get a life... putz.

--Mike

Bad to worse?

We had to live through 8 years of a failed turd of an administration
going bad to worse. We now find that Cheney was trying to coerce
testimony out of prisoners to establish a link between Iraq and al
Qaeda using torture before they'd established the bogus legal basis
for torture.

The same torture technique used by Japanese our soldiers in WWII,
several of which we hanged post conviction.

This is why the convenient timing of the Pelosi red herring.

Republicans will now live with the taste of **** in their mouths for
the next 8 years, probably more.

It's gonna take a long time to get the taste of **** out of our mouths
from Bush/Cheney.

You may as well get used to it. We're gonna be blaming every ****ing
thing on idiot Bush the same way they blamed Clinton for everything.

Enjoy.

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
And just think - the "adults" are in charge.

I think I'd rather have the kids.

When the histories are written, the Obama Administration will be known
as "The Unintended Consequences Admininstration".

And none of those consequences are going to be good.

My favorite part was about the steel company outside of Pittsburgh
laying off 80% of its employees as a consequence of its customers
complying with the buy American provision in the Stimulus bill.

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
And just think - the "adults" are in charge.

I think I'd rather have the kids.

When the histories are written, the Obama Administration will be known
as "The Unintended Consequences Admininstration".

And none of those consequences are going to be good.

Typical...the real enemy in the trade deficit is in Asia, but we'll end up
fighting among ourselves.
Maybe things will calm down when the Chinese take us over.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
And just think - the "adults" are in charge.

I think I'd rather have the kids.

When the histories are written, the Obama Administration will be known
as "The Unintended Consequences Admininstration".

And none of those consequences are going to be good.

Typical...the real enemy in the trade deficit is in Asia, but we'll end up
fighting among ourselves.
Maybe things will calm down when the Chinese take us over.

Hey! I like Chinese food!

"HK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
And just think - the "adults" are in charge.

I think I'd rather have the kids.

When the histories are written, the Obama Administration will be known
as "The Unintended Consequences Admininstration".

And none of those consequences are going to be good.

Typical...the real enemy in the trade deficit is in Asia, but we'll end
up fighting among ourselves.
Maybe things will calm down when the Chinese take us over.

Hey! I like Chinese food!

Guess we'd all better like it.
It'll be noodles & rice day in & day out .

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
And just think - the "adults" are in charge.

I think I'd rather have the kids.

When the histories are written, the Obama Administration will be known
as "The Unintended Consequences Admininstration".

And none of those consequences are going to be good.
Typical...the real enemy in the trade deficit is in Asia, but we'll end
up fighting among ourselves.
Maybe things will calm down when the Chinese take us over.

Hey! I like Chinese food!

Guess we'd all better like it.
It'll be noodles & rice day in & day out .

Well, if we actually ate decent Chinese food, and not the sugary crap
sold at many restaurants, we'd all be healthier. A lot less beef, some
chicken and fish, but mostly veggies.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
And just think - the "adults" are in charge.

I think I'd rather have the kids.

When the histories are written, the Obama Administration will be known
as "The Unintended Consequences Admininstration".

And none of those consequences are going to be good.

Typical...the real enemy in the trade deficit is in Asia, but we'll end up
fighting among ourselves.
Maybe things will calm down when the Chinese take us over.

Chinese would not want the USA's massive debt-spend problems. It would drag
them down.

Because while GM & Chrysler debtors are being dealt with, and home owners
over their heads are being cleaned up, the biggest default debtors in the
land is going unscathed, the governments.

This isn't a trade war, it is a about paying the bills, debtor versus
creditor. So far the debtors are winning, and while they will the economy
will seek the bottom of the sewer. But while the debtors are winning, the
USA credit rating is sub-zero.

Right now the USD is riding on hot air and facing a cliff in it's valuation.

Canuck57 wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
[...]

Why do you suppose Donny thinks Aisa, specifically China, is our enemy?
Last time I looked, we were in charge of our own "LIBERAL"trade policy.
China is merely doing smart business.

"jim7856" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
[...]

So...if you're "in charge of our own "LIBERAL"trade policy", why did you
give the store away to China?

Don White wrote:
"jim7856" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent question. As you may have guessed already, I am not a
"LIBERAL". I have no idea why. Ask a "LIBERAL".

Ohhhh Canada Ohhh Canada Joe ASA 5 January 25th 06 11:40 PM
new tax on marine trade headed to Canada Short Wave Sportfishing General 3 December 8th 04 09:55 PM
Looking for trade Duke-it Electronics 0 February 17th 04 09:44 PM
Want to Trade Lee General 0 September 6th 03 08:12 PM