Default Our country needs prayer?

"HK" wrote in message
m...

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/n...er_s1.article#

‘Our country needs our prayer’
300 attend Lake County event

May 8, 2009
By BETH KRAMER

GRAYSLAKE — "We have a lot to pray about," former Illinois attorney
general Jim Ryan said Thursday at the Lake County National Day of Prayer
breakfast.

"Today is a miraculous day for us to gather, regardless of what our
particular faith is. Our country does need our prayer," he said.

"We have this horrendous economic crisis and we have a lot to pray about."

More than 300 people attended the event, which included a full program of
scripture readings, songs, prayer and Ryan as the keynote speaker.

Ryan, who served as attorney general from 1995 to 2003, shared how his
faith helped him through several personal crises throughout his life.

A year and a half into his first term as attorney general, Ryan was
diagnosed with cancer. While in the midst of his struggle with cancer, his
youngest daughter died of a brain tumor. A short time later, his youngest
son committed suicide.

---

Yeah...that's the ticket...prayer.

Your messiah, in keeping with tradition, declared it a day of prayer.
Believer or not, you should treat people with respect. I know that's too
much to ask....though we can all wish for your recovery. Don't worry,
nobody will pray for you.

Keels: On a Wing and a Prayer Capt. Rob ASA 6 August 3rd 06 04:58 PM
Say a prayer Ringmaster ASA 3 May 19th 06 02:59 AM
OT Bush's Prayer basskisser General 16 July 15th 04 08:56 PM
a prayer for jps [email protected] General 2 January 15th 04 12:34 PM
Old Schooler's Prayer Mike McCrea General 7 October 11th 03 04:06 PM