Default Something you won't see in JustHates' village..

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
On Apr 24, 11:49 am, HK wrote:
Don White wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/1118346.html
This looked damned good to me:

http://www.tourismpei.com/pei-dining
Damn fine seafood out there...... Especially the Clam Chowder.

Nice dining is always part of a good vacation for us. Not fancy, but
nice. Good local restaurants serving good local food. I have a list of
"favorites" around the country.

In fact, I was updating our list for a trip we're planning for 2010 to
northern California, and this one, in Monterey, near San Francisco, was
near the top of the list:

http://www.rappas.com/lunch.html

Ok place. The wharf is hurting, so they are extending the early bird
dinners almost all evening. Youngest daughter and her family were just
at Rappa's. We ate up the wharf a couple places same side. For unusual
Mexican, Chili Peppers in Pacific Grove. What is amazing is how few
tourist there are now. Economy has to be the reason. We Go to the
Sunset Center in Carmel for shows at times, and the lodgings are
reasonable. Wife and her high school pals just went for a couple days
last week. Normandy Inn where we stay at about $100 a night, they got a
2 bedroom cottage for not much more. We ate at an Italian place we like,
and maybe 2/3 the tables were empty. Same for breakfast at the Tuck Box.
Used to be waiting lines. Now 1/2 the tables empty. You could use your
$250 tax cut check and spend it in the area. Daughter and family stay at
the Quality Inn in Monterey for about $70.

I like the calamari there. Best I've ever had. Been there a half dozen
times over the years.

Best Calamari? North Beach Restaurant, San Francisco. May cost the whole
$250 for two to get out the door. They have a marinated Calamari on the
salad that is the best. Wife said they ate at the Fishwife in Pacific
Grove. Really liked that.

On Apr 24, 5:17*pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 24, 11:49 am, HK wrote:
Don White wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/1118346.html
This looked damned good to me:

http://www.tourismpei.com/pei-dining

Damn fine seafood out there...... Especially the Clam Chowder.

Nice dining is always part of a good vacation for us. Not fancy, but
nice. Good local restaurants serving good local food. I have a list of
"favorites" around the country.

In fact, I was updating our list for a trip we're planning for 2010 to
northern California, and this one, in Monterey, near San Francisco, was
near the top of the list:

http://www.rappas.com/lunch.html

You hitching a ride on your wife's ticket again? By the way, how's
that jingle writing business working out for you?

On Apr 24, 6:17*pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 24, 11:49 am, HK wrote:
Don White wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/1118346.html
This looked damned good to me:

http://www.tourismpei.com/pei-dining

Damn fine seafood out there...... Especially the Clam Chowder.

Nice dining is always part of a good vacation for us. Not fancy, but
nice. Good local restaurants serving good local food. I have a list of
"favorites" around the country.

In fact, I was updating our list for a trip we're planning for 2010 to
northern California, and this one, in Monterey, near San Francisco, was
near the top of the list:

http://www.rappas.com/lunch.html

wow, simply amazing! You know how to eat.

It takes a village Jim General 2 February 18th 08 11:04 AM
Village Marine watermaker countalmaviva General 1 January 9th 08 04:48 PM
Squirrel Cove Village [email protected] General 2 October 18th 05 11:04 PM
Village Marine Tec Jr Gilbreath Cruising 2 January 18th 05 10:23 AM
Mensa Village Idiot Joe ASA 8 March 5th 04 11:08 PM