Steve P.

Default restore salvaged performance sport fish?

That's the place.

"Jaz" wrote in message
news

They're in Mendon, MA. (trying to not name names) Is that who you
mean? If yes, then I see what you mean. When I inquired about specific
details of their bid process I practically got chased out. This has
indeed been a learning experience.
Thanks, Jaz

Stephen Pawlowskis

I thought it would be bad form to post the name if Jaz was still actively
trying to acquire this vessel. Since that no longer appears to be true...

http://www.certifiedsales.com

I don't know that they ever actually say the "A" word but the majority of
folks who walk in there will believe that they are taking part in an a**t*on
if they choose to enter a bid on a boat. That's the come on, the prospect of
"winning" a boat at a ridiculously low price.

Are they doing anything illegal? I don't think so. Are they deceptive or
dishonest? That's really up to the prospective buyer to decide.

I came across the following while I was checking out the above site myself.
Go to the link below and look at one of the boats up for auction and then
check out the seller's feedback:

http://www.enterebid.com/index.cfm

A little perplexing considering who the seller is and who runs the site.

Steve P.

"Ron Thornton" wrote in message
When did telling someone it's an auction when it is not become "nothing
dishonest".
Name the bums or send it to me by e-mail and after verification I will
name the bums.

Ron

Jaz

Yep, that's them. And you're right, I'm no longer interested. After my
second visit I realized the margin will be much lower than I
originally guessed. It's in poor condition aside from the sinking
damage, so it would never bring upper range $$.

The owner of Certified Sales Inc, Brian, stated that the high bid was
made by 'Jim', and when I asked "Okay, so can I make a lower bid, then
when you decide to close the auction and contact all the bidders --
whereas some, like Jim, may opt not to buy the boat -- then you'll
have my offer?"... his response was "Jim is not going to pass on the
boat -- he has bought 20 boats from me... blah, blah, blah" -- that's
when I got practically run out of the office.

So it seems that when he's good and ready (e.g. when the price is bid
up to what he wants) then he passes the best offer by the bank [who
owns the salvage.] I imagine he takes a substantial cut (%50?). And
so he has this regular customer who rehabs boats... they've been
working together for a while... and they've got a good thing going.
Good for them.

Notice that the Albin TE 28 was never on this EnterEbid site -- I
imagine that anything of real value that comes through his shop, he
has regular buyers for. Of course I'm sure he's willing to part with
anything if a sap shows up and gives in to his "the bid's up to
$30K... offer something higher and I'll run it by the bank". Sure
Brian.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:55:22 GMT, "Stephen Pawlowskis"
wrote:

[...]

Ron Thornton

Bid means auction when the listing says "mail this auction to a friend".

Ron