Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default OT (boating related) Bunk carpet?

I'm new to trailered boats, and am refurbishing an old trailer to haul my
flatiron skiff. I need to replace the bunks, partly because the old ones
are really ratty and partly because I want my boat to be supported on the
chines rather than on the bottom. I figure I can use 2x6 or 2x8 mounted
flat; the boat doesn't weigh all that much (though far too heavy to
cartop), and the extra area will reduce the stress in the hull as she sits
there on her trailer (to some extent following Jim Michalak's advice in his
book on building instant boats). Anyhow: what is the difference between
bunk carpet and outdoor carpet I can get at Home Depot? Thanks.

Boating related Don White General 12 January 11th 09 06:43 PM
how to fasten new bunk carpet on trailer Calif Bill General 1 March 17th 07 07:29 AM
At least it's boating related... MGG General 0 August 28th 06 05:21 PM
Boating related (Sorry!) Garth Almgren General 3 September 15th 05 06:22 AM
Really boating related Minstrum Ridcully General 0 August 16th 05 01:23 AM