Default Ping: Harry (Your dad's cross-Atlantic trip)

On Mar 29, 2:12*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:09:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Yeah.....sure.....
Please post the particulars of the fireboat welcome he received.

Sometime the real liars aren't obvious.
I was a horseplayer for years, and always enjoyed reading Barney
Nagler's column in the Racing Form.
In one column he got on a fighter real hard about the fighter saying
that Jimmy Doolittle had tied a medal the fighter had won in Japan to
a bomb destined for Tokyo via the Doolittle raid.
As I recall the fighter was a crewman on the Hornet, and asked
Doolittle to "send the medal back home."
Nagler said the story was a fabrication "cut from the whole cloth" and
really derided the fighter. *I believed him, but thought he also had a
deep personal dislike for the guy. *But hell, he sounded like he just
*knew* it was a lie. *Since he was a nominal journalist, I ASSumed he
had the facts.
A couple years later my 1st grader son brings home a WWII book
from the library. *I had read hundreds, maybe thousands of WWII books,
but not this one - a hardcover with lots of pics.
I browse the book, and there's a picture of Doolittle tying the
fighter's medal to a bomb.
The pic is here, but the caption in the book mentioned that it was the
fighter's medal. *I can't remember the fighter, but any fight fan
would know him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolittle_Raid
I was so ****ed at Nagler lying that somebody else was lying that I
xeroxed the Form article and the book pic and sent them to him at the
Form and told him to apologize. *He ignored me of course.
Everything isn't on the internet. *Yet.
That book named the fighter, but I don't see it on the net.
My assumption is that somewhere there's a pic of Harry's dad's
fireboat welcome. *Whether you like it or not.
And when it shows up, it won't matter to you.
Just as proof didn't mean anything to Nagler.
Hate does that. *Twists the soul, and the devil takes hold.
Then the devil says "Post about the fireboat welcome."
And the devil's toy pounds the keyboard with cloven hoof.
Get thee to church Loogy! *Repent your wicked ways!
You need an exorcism. *Badly.

--Vic

What was that county tune...
'The Devil Went Down to Georgia'........ and you'd have to assume, went to
visit our own possessed poster.

LMAO !!!!!!
HK HK is offline

Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't give loogy or a few others here the time of day if it would
save their scummy lives.

On Mar 29, 2:39*pm, HK wrote:
Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

save their scummy lives.- Hide quoted text -

And in Harryspeak, that statement equates to *he lied, therefore he
can't*.....

Harry, how was your trip to Australia? Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_4_] General 19 January 23rd 09 01:29 PM
Ping: Harry Eisboch General 6 January 14th 08 12:36 PM
A boat to cross the Atlantic [email protected] General 40 September 21st 07 11:22 PM
Ping: Harry Eisboch General 8 April 30th 07 03:41 PM
Ping: Eisboch - Atlantic Intercoastal JimH General 4 March 13th 05 09:29 AM