Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Flush device vs. tank

I got my used boat home today. Am waiting for the manual I ordered. In
order to run and test it, is it better to use a flush or a tank? I believe
that I have read that the flush is only for that, and won't put out enough
water to safely protect the impeller. I do know that I have to keep the
rpms down so it doesn't blow the barrel over, but would mostly be running it
in idle speeds.

It looks like the plugs are all fouled. Very oily and black. NGK BUHW-2's.
The guy I bought it from says he ran it on oil in the auto injector, and
never disabled the injector. I will have to read up on calibrating that.
Also, the power trim isn't working. The up/down switch creates a click, but
no movement. All the wiring needs to be checked, and recarpeting is in
order. But since I do all that myself, it will be a fun job, and I won't
have to pay an arm and a leg. A little repositioning of rollers on the
trailer, and the usual adjustment of lights. I like the lights because they
are high, and don't go underwater during launch.

Registration was a snap, and cost was reasonable. Hope to be fishing in a
couple of weeks.

It has a single popper 1.2 hp Gamefisher trolling motor. I'll have to clean
it and drain it, and get that running, too.

But it's fun, and one can save bucks doing it yourself.

Steve