HK HK is offline

Default Pelican Dive Sequence

D.Duck wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
m...

It was the Bush Administration that brought this country to its knees.
Obama inherited the mess, and just maybe he may lead us out of our
current mess. Your attempt to blame where we are on the Democrats is
laughable for its stupidity and naivety. But, then, what would you
expect from a poster whose handle is derived from a piece of clothing
or...an SUV.

I guess these Democrats didn't get the memo:

There's always lots of rhetoric. Bush was dumb enough to believe his own
and act on it.

The mess we are in was created by the Bush Administration. No matter how
you spin it, the reality of that remains.

Just out of curiosity, why don't we hear you rag on Lyndon Johnson for his
Vietnam actions?

When the opportunity arises and comments like that are appropriate, I
toss one at Johnson and Nixon and even Kennedy and Eisenhower for trying
to pick up where the French left off.

We don't discuss Vietnam a whole lot anymore in this country. Too bad,
because we apparently forgot some of the lessons we should have learned
there.

Bush is responsible for the mess in Iraq, and our current financial
demise can be pinned on the mal, mis, and non-feasance of the Bush
Administration. Greed is *not* good.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...

It was the Bush Administration that brought this country to its
knees. Obama inherited the mess, and just maybe he may lead us out
of our current mess. Your attempt to blame where we are on the
Democrats is laughable for its stupidity and naivety. But, then,
what would you expect from a poster whose handle is derived from a
piece of clothing or...an SUV.

I guess these Democrats didn't get the memo:

There's always lots of rhetoric. Bush was dumb enough to believe his
own and act on it.

Oh. Free pass for the Dems that believed the same thing.
I get it.

IMO, the biggest mistake Bush made was having too much confidence and
loyalty to Donald Rumsfeld and not listening enough to Colon Powell. It
was a classic power struggle and the little egotistical Rumsfeld won.
For that, I blame Bush for having bad judgment.

As for "the mess" there's plenty of blame to pass around. Bush
deserves his share, as does both sides of Congress, business and the
public. Special thanks also to Barney Frank and a couple of others.

It's amazing. The average yearly lobbyist "contributions" to *each*
member of the House and Senate is almost $4 million. Pay for play at
it's finest. Nothing will be cleaned up in Washington until this is
addressed.

Eisboch

The Dems were smart enough to NOT start a war with Iraq.

I caught a few minutes of "Rush" speaking today at a conservative's
orgy. He thinks the GOP can win with the right candidate. So, who is
leading in the straw polls there? Romney, Palin, Jindal. The only
Republican who might have a chance because of his broad appeal to the
middle is Charlie Crist. Crist came in last in the straw poll.

HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:16:01 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

This guy has some great Osprey pictures
http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578
Those are good.

We had an eagle fly over the house the other day headed south, one of
the biggest I've ever seen.

There are at least 2 nests in the scrub park behind our neighborhood.
My buddy Steve Giguere is the ranger who has primary responsibility
for that area. He tries to keep track of where they are but they don't
like to publicize the locations so people will leave them alone.
It always makes me feel good to see an eagle flying by.

We saw an Andean condor earlier this week. :)

"HK" wrote in message

The Dems were smart enough to NOT start a war with Iraq.

They advocated it, that's for sure, before and after Bush took office.
Kerry even recommended to Bill Clinton that we should take action to get rid
of Sadam.
Why are facts like this so easily brushed off?

You have to remember, Clinton was in his final two years as POTUS. There's
no way he would take any risks with an election coming up for his then
apparent successor, AGore.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message

The Dems were smart enough to NOT start a war with Iraq.

They advocated it, that's for sure, before and after Bush took office.
Kerry even recommended to Bill Clinton that we should take action to get
rid of Sadam.
Why are facts like this so easily brushed off?

Democrats comments? Just asking.

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

The Dems were smart enough to NOT start a war with Iraq.

They advocated it, that's for sure, before and after Bush took office.
Kerry even recommended to Bill Clinton that we should take action to get
rid of Sadam.
Why are facts like this so easily brushed off?

You have to remember, Clinton was in his final two years as POTUS.
There's no way he would take any risks with an election coming up for
his then apparent successor, AGore.

You might want to look up "brinkmanship." Bush, apparently, never did.
We managed to avoid a shooting war for about 50 years with the Sovs via
brinkmanship.

The problem with Bush was that he wanted a shooting war with Iraq.

GC Boater wrote:
On Feb 28, 5:10 pm, Blazer wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:19:50 -0500, HK wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:40:29 -0500, wrote:
This guy has some great Osprey pictures
http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578
Those are good.
We had an eagle fly over the house the other day headed south, one of
the biggest I've ever seen.
Symbolic of this country's prosperity...heading south. :)

With the 'leadership' we have in the executive and legislative
branches, that's certainly true! :)

Blazer, Harry Krausie delights in bad news. It sends him orgasmic.

With Obamanation in office? He should be in spin mode.

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

The Dems were smart enough to NOT start a war with Iraq.

They advocated it, that's for sure, before and after Bush took office.
Kerry even recommended to Bill Clinton that we should take action to get
rid of Sadam.
Why are facts like this so easily brushed off?

You have to remember, Clinton was in his final two years as POTUS.
There's no way he would take any risks with an election coming up for his
then apparent successor, AGore.

You might want to look up "brinkmanship." Bush, apparently, never did. We
managed to avoid a shooting war for about 50 years with the Sovs via
brinkmanship.

The problem with Bush was that he wanted a shooting war with Iraq.

The Soviets played brinkmanship in the same manner that we did and with
nuclear weapons enough on both sides to destroy mankind several times over,
there was much more at risk. So it worked.
You can't play brinkmanship with a bunch of religious fanatics, brainwashed
from
childhood that the only good American is a dead American by their "leaders".
Different game altogether.

In times of actual threat, those who think too long end up dead.

wrote:

This guy has some great Osprey pictures
http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578
Those are good.

We had an eagle fly over the house the other day headed south, one of
the biggest I've ever seen.

There are at least 2 nests in the scrub park behind our neighborhood.
My buddy Steve Giguere is the ranger *who has primary responsibility
for that area. He tries to keep track of where they are but they don't
like to publicize the locations so people will leave them alone.
It always makes me feel good to see an eagle flying by.

We saw an Andean condor earlier this week. *:)- Hide quoted text -

Hey von Kruasenstein, what was the condor like when you were in
college wit him.

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:40:29 -0500, wrote:

This guy has some great Osprey pictures
http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578
Those are good.

We had an eagle fly over the house the other day headed south, one of
the biggest I've ever seen.

Symbolic of this country's prosperity...heading south. :)

With the 'leadership' we have in the executive and legislative
branches, that's certainly true! :)

You must be drinking from the same can of stale beer as Flush Limbaugh.

--
John H

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice Renee ASA 0 July 27th 07 06:06 AM
Pelican box Davej Touring 1 August 9th 06 12:11 AM
dive boat for sale Coleman Metts Cruising 2 July 4th 06 11:11 PM
DIVE..DIVE...DIVE Joe ASA 4 November 8th 05 03:08 AM
Error in starting sequence martin rheaume General 1 July 4th 05 11:11 PM